To kick-off #CookoutWeek, I have the easiest and so super easy recipe to give to you all! It is for Grilled Truffle Oil Potato Wedges! Oh my, these so delicious and what is even better, you can prepare these in less than 15 minutes! Yum!
I have an unwritten rule that I try not to use my oven during the summer months unless it is for baking! So here is the problem, the family loves my baked french fries and my Spicy Baked French Fries! When I was deciding what to make for Cookout Week I received the amazing Black Truffle Oil, I just had to make Grilled Truffle Oil Potato Wedges! You will be in a special place once you try these babies! In 15 minutes, I washed and chopped the potatoes, heated the grill, seasoned the potatoes and was snacking on my potato wedges by the pool! I seasoned the potatoes with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In about 10 minutes, the potatoes are done. Give the potatoes a bit of truffle oil and please no need to send me gifts as a thank you for this recipe......just share it with your friends and family 🙂
I hope you go to my earlier blog post regarding #CookoutWeek! I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers and we are spending the week providing some delicious recipes that would be great for the 4th of July and any time of year!
Easy Grilled Potato Wedges
- Wash and cut potatoes into wedges, about ½ inch thick. Soak the wedges in a large bowl of cold water for about 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill to about 400°F/200°C While the grill heats, drain the potatoes and discard the water. Dry potato wedges with a paper towel or cotton towel.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced potato wedges, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until the potato wedges are well coated.
- Turn the grill or grill pan down to medium-high heat, 375°F/190°C. Place potatoes on the grill and let them cook for at least 6 minutes, they will be softened and light golden brown.
- Flip potatoes to grill the other side for another 6 to 7 minutes. Depending on how thick the potatoes were cut, you may need to adjust the time on the grill. Potatoes will be fork-tender when thoroughly cooked
- Remove potatoes from the grill to a bowl. Taste for seasoning, if needed adjust the salt or any other seasonings. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Make ahead: These potatoes can be prepped ahead and reheated. Wrap the potatoes in foil and place on indirect heat on the grill. Also can be reheated in the oven. Again, wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and reheat at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with any dipping sauce or ketchup.