Grilled Cauliflower Steaks uses just a few ingredients for a hearty vegetarian recipe. Just a sprinkling of seasonings and a few minutes on the grill for the most amazing Cauliflower!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- These grilled cauliflower steaks are great for the main course or a hearty side dish.
- The recipe is quite versatile and any type of seasoning can be used to make this yummy treat.
- A grill pan, cast iron pan, or outdoor grill can be used with amazing delectable results.
- 2 whole cauliflower heads
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Fresh lemon juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the seasonings together.
- Season cauliflower with olive oil, lemon juice, and.
- Reduce heat on the grill to medium and let cook 4-6 minutes, flip, grill another 5 minutes.
- The cauliflower will be fork tender.
- Serve and enjoy.
Leftovers should be kept in a covered airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
Expert Tip: Use a sharp knife to cut the cauliflower head on a cutting board.
Frequently Asked Questions
Remove and discard the green leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower. Slice the cauliflower into 1 ½ inch thick steaks. There will be some crumbs that fall off. I use those in my Veggie Stock. Keep a freezer bag full of your veggie scraps to make stock.
The cauliflower is cut into thick pieces that resemble steaks. They can also be seasoned with almost any seasoning just like a steak.
Absolutely delicious. Cauliflower is mild and adapts well to homemade seasonings, pestos, and spice rubs.
Explore other spices for a variety in making cauliflower steaks. A few favorites are Cajun Seasoning Blend and Homemade Seasoning Salt!
Kale Pesto or Nut-Free Basil Pesto would be delicious on the "steaks".
The cauliflower can also be roasted at 425°F/218°C for about 30-40 minutes until fork tender.
Greek Marinated Chicken would be perfectly paired with this cauliflower steak recipe
Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken is a great grilled chicken that would be perfect with cauliflower.
Mexican Grilled Pork Chops is another delicious recipe to pair with the veggies.
Tequila Marinated Steak would be a great recipe to make with grilled veggies.
Grilled Dijon Lime Chicken a favorite of mine is so tasty and a great combo with cauliflower.
Instant Pot Quinoa would be delicious paired with the grilled cauliflower steaks.
Air Fryer Bang Bang Cauliflower is delicious and the sauce is amazing!
Cauliflower Tabbouleh is easy, no cooking needed tasty vegetarian salad that's
always a hit.
Love Greek flavors, try our Greek Orzo Salad, easy, light, and yummy.
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic is a tasty quick, easy side dish everyone will love.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
How to Make Cauliflower Steaks
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Season grates with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, make a seasoning blend. Stir together Kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside. Note 1
- Remove green leaves from the cauliflower. Cut the end piece of the cauliflower and use in soups or vegetable stock. cauliflower into 1 ½-inch thick steaks.
- Rub olive oil over the cauliflower steaks. Sprinkle the seasoning blend all over the cauliflower steaks. Feel free to rub the seasoning into the steaks.
- Lower grill temperature to medium. Place cauliflower on the seasoned grill. Cover and cook about 4-6 minutes. Move counter clockwise after 4 minutes if you like criss-cross grill marks.
- Turn cauliflower over and grill another 4-5 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over the cauliflower steaks.
- Serve and enjoy.
I did it again!!! This time in the grill. They smelled delicious and they are very tasty!!! Thank you!!
WooHoo! I am thrilled Virginia! Glad you enjoy them. I had these for dinner tonight!
Ann from Sumptuous Spoonfuls
These sound fabulous! I've meant to make cauliflower steaks for ages, but somehow have never gotten it done! The next time I grill, cauliflower steaks totally need to be on the menu!
I hope you enjoy the recipe Ann! This is a tasty one!
I love cauliflower steaks and I'm sure that seasoning makes it taste even better!
I hope you make them, so good!
Cheese Curd In Paradise
I love a vegetarian option that is something heartier than a salad! I know my vegetarian (and non vegetarian) friends would just love this meal!
I agree! These are perfect for my Vegan family members
I prefer to eat meaty meals, but it is nice to be prepared when you have vegetarian friends coming over. The one problem I have with cauliflower steaks as an entree is that you don’t get protein. A good amount of protein is important in meals. So, I would choose to make these as a side dish. I will definitely try this recipe.
I am glad you like the recipe! I appreciate your comment!
debi at Life Currents
I haven't grilled cauliflower in a while, now I need to because this looks awesome!
It is a favorite side for me, I hope you enjoy!
What a great idea using the spices. Definitely will be trying this recipe for our meatless Monday meals
That is great! Love to hear back after you make this one
I definitely need to give this a try. Grilling cauliflower is genius.
Thank you Karen! I hope you enjoy!
I have never grilled cauliflower before but this looks amazing!
I pinned it and can't wait to give it a try!
Awesome Angela, enjoy! We love this recipe!