Roasted broccoli with garlic, a quick easy side dish with simple ingredients that's ready in less than twenty minutes. Crispy, tender, and so delectable.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This easy broccoli side dish is quick and delicious with minimal effort.
- Roasted broccoli is sure to become one of your family's favorite recipes.
- Even the pickiest of my eaters love this roasted broccoli with garlic.
- Roasting broccoli crowns is one of the best budget-friendly veggies that can be made with any weeknight meal.
- New to cooking? This is a super easy recipe with flavor-packed results.
- Broccoli Florets - easy to use and little waste. Broccoli crowns are also cost-effective.
- Olive OIl - use the best grade of olive oil in your budget for simple recipes and the most flavorful results. A little bit of oil goes a long way.
- Fresh Garlic Cloves - lots of fresh garlic enhances the flavors of fresh vegetables.
- Kosher Salt/Black Pepper - enhances the flavors of the ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Baking sheets: Love these as they come in 3 sizes in a set.
- Colored cutting boards: I started using these after attending a cooking school course to prevent cross-contamination.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Preheat over to 425°F/218.33°C. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, toss the broccoli florets with garlic, olive oil, Kosher Salt, and black pepper.
Step 3: Place broccoli on the prepared baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 10 - 14 minutes, halfway through cooking, shake the baking pan to move broccoli around to brown all sides, broccoli will be tender.
Leftover broccoli can be stored in a covered airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Expert Tip: Be sure to spread the broccoli apart on the baking sheet so they roast evenly and get crispy and are not soggy.
- Make sure the florets are dry before adding oil and other ingredients.
- Don't add too much oil to the florets so they don't get greasy.
- I prefer using broccoli crowns because my family doesn't really love the stems. Ready in no time and truly a simple recipe, we enjoy this broccoli a few times a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
I find 425°F/218°C is the best temperature for roasting. The time range I use varies as ovens can vary. Start checking your florets after 10 minutes for your preferred tenderness. Roasting time is somewhere between 10-14 minutes is the best timeframe.
Any excess pieces of broccoli from the stems can be used to make veggie stock. Keep them in a freezer-safe storage bag until you have enough scraps to make a stock.
Sure. If the stalk is thick, I recommend peeling the first layer of skin on the stalk to ensure tenderness.
Broccoli crowns are the top portions of broccoli and just above the stem. Florets and the smaller pieces of broccoli.
When making this recipe, cut the florets from the crowns into evenly cut pieces before roasting.
When using just a few fresh ingredients, you only need a little seasoning from the Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper to add great fresh flavor to the florets.
- In lieu of olive oil, use coconut oil, grapeseed oil, or avocado oil.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of homemade seasoning salt, Cajun seasoning spices, or Italian seasoning to sprinkle on florets before roasting.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on the florets after they roast to add a nice citrus flavor.
- Add about 1 ½ teaspoons of grated fresh Parmesan cheese to the veggies with 5 minutes left of roasting.
- Want a bit of spice, sprinkle red pepper flakes or chili flakes, and sesame seeds on the broccoli florets for a spicy bite.
- Fresh garlic adds amazing flavor. You can use garlic powder, about ½ teaspoon will work.
- Easy oven-baked chicken breasts, you can even use the same baking pan for both recipes.
- Instant Pot French Dips would be a great pairing.
- Marinated chicken drumsticks or baked crispy chicken drumsticks would be another delicious partner with these florets for a great dinner.
- Chicken Fried Steak Fingers would be perfect with this broccoli garlic recipe.
- Roasted broccoli is low-carb, whole-30, paleo and so darn yummy. Pair with lemon chicken piccata for a winner keto dinner.
- Pair this broccoli crown recipe with Poached Shrimp for a great low-carb meal ready in 20 minutes.
- Foil Wrapped Salmon would be another fantastic pairing.
A few of my popular side dishes include these yummy crunchy roasted green beans, another easy recipe.
Cheesy Green Bean Casserole is a great side dish with a creamy cheese sauce.
Crispy Zucchini Rounds topped with cheddar and bacon are another hit.
My Granny's candied carrots are super popular all year.
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta is a pan-seared veggie recipe that is always a hit.
Air Fryer Cauliflower is a delicious side dish the whole family will love.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 pound broccoli crowns, evenly cut Note 1
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- Preheat over to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli florets, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet, place in the preheated oven, roast for 10 - 14 minutes, halfway through cooking, shake the baking pan to move broccoli around to brown all sides. Broccoli will be tender and crispy.
- Ready to serve.
- Use ½ teaspoon homemade seasoning salt or Cajun seasoning spices to sprinkle on florets before roasting.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on the broccoli after they roast.
- Add about 1 ½ teaspoon grated parmesan cheese on the veggies with 5 minutes left of roasting.
The best Broccoli recipe we have ever had/ . Just love how crispy and flavorful it is.
So easy to make and my family loved it. We now make it all the time. Thanks for the easy recipe
Thank you Tammi, So glad you and your family enjoy the broccoli. We make it all the time,.so delish
K. Lee Banks
Thanks for sharing this recipe! I like broccoli and add it to a lot of meals. Haven't prepared it this way before, though, so now I'll try it!
I hope you enjoy!
thanx for the inspiration, maybe this one would be great if paired with grilled meat 🙂
That would be a great pairing with grilled meat!
I love broccoli by I have never tried it roasted. Hmmm.
I do love me some roasted broccoli too. Any veggies roasted taste so scrumptious.
I love roasted broccoli! My sister made it before and added cashews in! Yumm!
Cashews are a fantastic addition. yum
This is so simple and will go well with all kinds of simple dinners. Will have to try it sometime.
Thats great, enjoy!
Broccoli is so healthy to eat and my family loved this vegetable.
I was very surprised when my kids all loved broccoli and now thanks to you I have yet another way to fix it
Thank you Angie, I hope your kids love this one as much as mine do!
There is no way broccoli can be done for me to like it...LOL
One day, there will be a veggie you will try, they really are great!
ooh, my family loves broccoli too, i just cooked it last new years eve
R U S S
I love broccoli and it's great that this is super easy to do. I think I will add a bit of butter, lol. Butter and Broccoli go well together.
You certainly can, there is so little calories in this dish that you are allowed a little butter. I hope you let me know how it turns out
Angela at Daysinbed
ooh how tasty. I've been looking for new ways to use brocolli. Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe today. Angela
You are very welcome Angela, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family!
Ana De- Jesus
I love roasted broccoli it is delicious and so healthy too!
I love this with a sweet potato and I am so happy
This would be a nice way to serve broccoli. I usually steam broccoli and then shock them with cold water, then pour melted butter and cheese whiz over them. I will try your roasted recipe too. Love the garlic and olive oil combo!
I would love you to give this a try, simple easy and so minimal calories
This dish is simple, I love it. Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies. Thanks for the recipe!
Thank you for the kind comment!
i love anything with broccoli and i love the sound of this. especially the crunchy part i love biting into food that crunches
The crunch is part definitely a wonderful part of eating!
Looks delicious! I love roasted broccoli. Well, really, broccoli in all forms!
Its a great veggie, roasting is really tasty
I love broccoli every which way I've ever had it so I'm sure I'd love this recipe. I can't believe I haven't tried it roasted yet.
It is so delicious, enjoy!
Yum. I've never tried adding garlic to broccoli. It sounds really tasty. My family only likes the tops too 🙂
I can only get a little past the tops when I make broccoli cheese soup 🙂
I'm getting some greT inspiration here for family meals. Thanks x
I hope your family enjoys!