Instant Pot French Dips, we love these sammies so much! In a time crunch or you just want a delicious easy meal, this is the best hot beef sandwich recipe for you. I am sharing with you the easiest and most delicious French Dip Sandwich. Using just a few simple ingredients and your Instant Pot, be ready to enjoy the greatest French Dip Sandwich ever.
You can't go wrong with this recipe. Top off your french dip with melted provolone cheese, dunk your sandwich into the tasty broth and enjoy.
I have a great slow cooker french dip sandwich recipe that we have been making for years! It's so delicious and I make it a lot. The slow cooker recipe uses soy sauce and it cooks all day. Especially throughout the fall, love it after raking leaves
During a snowstorm, the smell of these sandwiches in the slow cooker, so good.
When I make French Dips in the Instant Pot, after a lot of tasty experimenting, beer is the ingredient that puts these french dips over the top delicious!
Both recipes are amazing and enjoy them!
Instant Pot recipes are so good! If you haven't purchased one yet, do so, they are a game changer. Meal prep is so much easier using the Instant Pot. Whether you are planning ahead and making a ton of Shredded Chicken or a Pork Loin and Veggie Dinner,the Instant Pot is a great cooking tool.
Instant Pot French Dip
After getting my Instant Pot last year it has become another vessel that I love to use. I love making so many recipes in it! Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are fantastic. Chicken Cacciatore is delicious made in the Instant Pot.
One of the first recipes I made was these Instant Pot French Dips.
Have a time crunch, this is an awesome meal to serve your family. This is ready in less than an hour! Who doesn't love beef and cheese, yummo!
Why this recipe works?
- Using a rump roast or chuck piece of beef gives lots of flavor.
- The Instant Pot is obviously quick cooking and the beef used is perfect for this cooking vessel.
- The liquid is beer and beef broth, a great combo for the beef.
- Dinner is ready without any effort! Easy and so good!
What is the best beef to use to make Instant Pot French Dips?
The best beef is either a rump roast, bottom round or chuck beef for these beef sandwiches.
Can the French Dip Beef be frozen after it's cooked?
Yes. I make these alot and any extras or if the beef is on sale, make an extra batch and freeze it. When ready to eat it, within 3-5 months, defrost and reheat, enjoy.
What kind of beer should I use to make this recipe?
I use whatever is in the fridge that the hubs enjoys. They all work. If you do not want to add alcohol, use root beer.
What goes well with Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches?
- Roasted Asparagus - delicious and easy to make, about 15 minutes total, great match.
- Glazed Carrots - my favorite veggie, reminds me of my Granny so I have a soft spot to make these whenever it fits.
- Kale Caesar Salad from My Kitchen Love is a tasty side for these sammies.
How to Make Instant Pot French Dips:
- Season meat. Set Instant Pot to sear and brown meat. Remove once browned.
- Saute onions and garlic in the instant pot.
- Add in beef broth to Instant pot.
- Place the lid, close vent and pressure cook
- Pressure cook beef for 45 minutes on high and let natural release. Shred beef.
- Serve shredded beef on hoagie bread with provolone cheese.
- Add shredded beef. Serve with the broth from the beef and enjoy.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen - It's always great seeing your creations.
CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Love this recipe, please give them a 5-star rating! It is very much appreciated!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Instant Pot French Dip
Seasoning the Beef Roast
French Dip Sandwich
- 1-2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10.5 ounce can of Beef Consomme Note 1
- 12 ounce bottle or can of beer Note 2
- 3-4 drops Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 hoagie rolls
- 8-10 slices provolone cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- Season the Chuck or Rump Roast with the black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute, let heat and add 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- Add in the seasoned beef to brown on all sides. Remove beef and set aside.
- If needed, add in second Tablespoon of Canola Oil and stir on sliced onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes to brown. Stir in minced garlic.
- Stir in Beef Consomme. Stir up any brown bits in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Note 3
- Combine the beer, Worcestershire Sauce, and thyme into the pot. Shut off the Instant Pot.
- Add back in the seared roast.
- Close up the Instant pot and seal. Ensure the vent is closed
- Set the pressure cooker to 45 minutes.
- Once the cooking has completed. Let the pot auto release for at least 10 minutes before allowing auto-release.
- Once release is complete, remove beef and shred. Add the beef back into the pot.
How to Make French Dip Sandwich
- Set the oven to broil or high.
- Slice hoagies open and place provolone cheese on the bread.
- Heat in the oven for just a bit to melt the cheese.
- Top with the shredded beef and serve with the beef broth.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.