Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto is an aromatic side dish looks elegant and that takes less than 20 minutes to prepare! A great side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, really any time of year! The prosciutto adds a nice depth of flavor and a crunch to the sauteed Brussels Sprouts!
Brussels sprouts are one of my most favorite vegetables, ever! This dish is so easy to prepare and is truly a great dish to prepare for the Holiday Season! I love prosciutto as well so the combination is a no-brainer for me! The prosciutto is browned and the Brussels Sprouts soak up extra flavor.
I like to prepare this dish when family and friends come for dinner too! Sauteed Brussels Sprouts are ready in about 20 minutes. This is a great side dish to introduce people who either don’t love Brussels Sprouts. I have converted many, including my own kids to Brussels Sprouts fans with this recipe!
FAQs about Brussels Sprouts:
Should Brussels Sprouts be purchased on the stalk?
Brussels Sprouts are always best purchased from the stalk. It is not always possible. It is perfectly fine to purchase individual Brussels Sprout heads when stalks are unavailable.
What is prosciutto?
Prosciutto is an Italian ham. It is cured and dry. Bacon can be used if prosciutto is unavailable.
How can uncooked Brussels Sprouts be stored?
Uncooked Brussels Sprouts should be kept in the fridge in a storage bag in the veggie drawer for about 1 week.
Can these Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto be made ahead and frozen?
I don’t recommend making this recipe and freezing them. The texture of the sprouts may change. This is a really easy and quick recipe so I would make fresh when ready to eat!
Are Brussels Sprouts easy to grow in a garden?
I grow Brussels Sprouts in my garden. They are a hearty veggie. Interested in growing Brussels Sprouts? This article is very helpful for gardeners!
What are some nutritional facts about Brussels Sprouts?
A full nutritional article about the health benefits of Brussels Sprouts is here.
- Full of antioxidants
- Low glycemic level
- high in vitamin K, A, and B
- Contain Potassium, which can help lower blood pressure.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thank you so very much for being apart of Everyday Eileen!
Tools you may need to make Brussels Sprouts and Prosciutto:
- All-Clad Saute Pan with Lid: A great saute pan that is sturdy and holds the heat very well. I’ve had one forever!
Don’t forget to shop at the Everyday Eileen store on Amazon!
Tips to Saute delicious Brussels Sprouts:
- You can prepare the recipe early. Warm in the oven when ready to serve.
- Slice the brussels sprout in half so they cook fairly quickly.
- The Brussels Sprouts caramelize and develop a rich flavor.
How to Make Brussels Sprouts and Prosciutto:
- To a saucepan over medium heat add 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add in the diced prosciutto and shallots, saute about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic for the last minutes.
- Remove prosciutto, shallots, and garlic. Set aside.
- Keep about 2 teaspoons of the drippings from the prosciutto.
- Add in the sliced Brussels Sprouts and careful add in white wine.
- Saute about 9 minutes, Brussels Sprouts should be almost getting soft.
- Add back in the prosciutto mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Original post-December 2015, most recent update November 2018.
Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto:
A healthy, easy side dish that will complement almost any meal! Full of both flavor and nutrition! The prosciutto adds a smoky flavor to the Brussels Sprouts!
If you enjoy this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating! Also, any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp shallots, minced
- 4 oz diced prosciutto
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil. Add in the diced prosciutto and shallots. Saute for about 5 minutes. Stir in minced garlic. Saute for about another minute. Prosciutto should be just about cooked through.
- Remove the prosciutto mixture to a plate, set aside. Drain all but about 2 teaspoons of the drippings from saute pan.
- To the saute pan add in the Brussels Sprouts. Stir for about 2 minutes! Add in the white wine and season with black pepper. Stir occasionally about another 6 minutes. Brussels Sprouts should be almost done, a fork can enter the sprout easily. Stir in the prosciutto mixture. Saute another 2 minutes or until sprouts are cooked through. Check flavors, reseason if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!