This juicy oven-baked chicken breast recipe is super easy and sure to be a hit! In about 20 minutes, you’ll have the juiciest, tender results that everyone can enjoy with so many sides, such as baked potatoes, cauliflower rice, roasted string beans, or spaghetti squash. Perfect for meal prep and top salads all week long.
Use this recipe and never suffer from dry and rubbery baked chicken again. I have very simple tips to follow for the juiciest and tender tasting chicken every time.
The spice combo is an easy homemade seasoning that is full of flavorful spices.
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts
We all need an easy go-to recipe for oven-baked chicken breasts. My recipe is one that we’ve been making for years with a simple seasoning. Brushing the meat with olive oil ensures the seasoning sticks to the poultry. A blend of seasoning is best for optimum flavor.
- The recipe uses olive oil. You can use 2 Tablespoons of melted unsalted butter as a varriation.
- We use Italian seasoning however you can swap out any of your favorite spices such as thyme, oregano, or basil.
- For every pound of boneless chicken use a teaspoon of any of your favorite spice seasonings such as Cajun Seasoning, Homemade Seasoning Salt, Greek, Mexican, or herbs de Provence.
- Ensure the meat is fairly evenly cut so they bake evenly.
- Per Food Safety, the internal temperature of the poultry should be 165°F when finished cooking. Use a meat thermometer and don’t overcook the meat.
- Bake the chicken at reasonably high heat and quickly will result in juicy results, 425°F works well for me.
- Brush the poultry with olive oil. then sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Bake at 425°F for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
Shop this Recipe
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer: A must-have for accurate reading of meat.
- Silicone Pastry Brush: Great for brushing meats, marinades, oils.
Don’t forget to shop at the Everyday Eileen store on Amazon!
- Once the chicken is baked, store in a well-sealed container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- After cooking, the chicken can keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Using a food saver (affiliate link) is my favorite way to keep away freezer burn.
Some serving suggestions:
Roasted asparagus with garlic and lemon pairs perfectly and your dinner will be ready in 30 minutes. Crispy oven roasted potatoes are another great side dish. Oven roasted corn on the cob, Brussels Sprouts, or my favorite Tuscan bean salad, all great choices to make with this recipe.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below!
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
I love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
- 1 pound broccoli crowns, evenly cut Note 1
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place on a shallow sheet pan and roast for 10 - 14 minutes, halfway through cooking, shake the baking pan to move broccoli around to brown all sides and broccoli will be tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use ½ teaspoon homemade seasoning salt or Cajun seasoning spices to sprinkle on florets before roasting.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on the broccoli after they roast.
- Add about 1 ½ teaspoon grated parmesan cheese on the veggies with 5 minutes left of roasting.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray the baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Coat both sides of the chicken breasts with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the thyme, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt on the chicken pieces.
- Place the seasoned chicken into the baking pan. Place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is at 165°F.
- Remove chicken and let rest 5 minutes to cool. This lets the juices set and chicken will be juicy.
- Slice and serve.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.