Chicken Crescent Rolls are simple, easy, and delicious family dinner recipe. Tasty chicken in a homemade creamy sauce are wrapped in buttery crescent rolls. Use this easy Instant Pot chicken breast recipe for juicy and tasty results.
Chicken Crescent Rolls
Fun dinners are always a favorite. This chicken crescent recipe is definitely a fun one. The sauce is simple and creamy.
Many recipes use canned soup. While easy, canned soups are loaded with sodium and preservatives.
This recipe uses a few simple ingredients with the tastiest results.
- Boneless chicken breasts are the best option for this recipe.
- Use either full-fat or low-fat cream cheese. We don't suggest using fat-free as the flavor never blends the same as either full or low-fat cream cheese.
- Green peppers, add a nice crunch to the sandwich.
- The green onion adds a layer of flavor.
- Milk blends with the cream cheese for a nice cheesy sauce for the chicken.
- We always suggest using unsalted butter so the salt flavor is controlled by your palate.
Why you'll love this recipe.
- The crescent rolls are easy to put together.
- It's a super easy recipe.
- A family friendly recipe that is great for a crowd.
Preheat oven to 350°F, either grease, spray with non-stick spray or place parchment paper on a large baking tray.
- Open the cans of crescent rolls, and lay out the dough. The croissants come in triangles. Pinch 2 triangles together to form a rectangle. You may need to flip the other side and pinch as well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, green onions, green pepper, salt, pepper, melted butter, and milk. Stir in the cooked shredded chicken.
- Place ¼ cup of the chicken mixture into the center of each crescent roll rectangle.
- Bring each corner of the crescent roll to the center of the chicken mixture.
- Place the chicken crescent rolls on the prepared baking sheet and bake about 14-16 minutes. The filling will be warmed through and the dough will be cooked and golden brown.
Round out the meal with these quick roasted green beans for a quick family meal.
An easy side salad is this Arugula Salad with a tasty homemade dressing.
My Experience with this recipe
I'm always looking for quick and easy family recipes that my family will love. My Mom used to make something similar to this chicken pocket when we were kids.
She used leftover chicken to make lunch the next day. Over the years I've played with the recipe and this a variation that is so easy and it can feed a crowd too.
Chicken Crescent Rolls
- (2) 8 ounce cans, crescent rolls
- 1 pound cooked shredded chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened Note 1
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk Note 2
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet by either spraying with non-stick spray or placing a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet, set aside.
- Open the cans of crescent rolls, and lay out the dough. The croissants come in triangles, but you will want to turn them into rectangles. Pinch 2 of the triangles together. You may need to flip the other side and pinch as well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cooked chicken, cream cheese, chopped green onion, diced green pepper, unsalted butter, milk, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place ¼ cup of the chicken mixture into the center each prepared crescent rectangle. Take each corner of the roll and bring it to the center, over the chicken. They will form small bundles. Repeat this process for all the crescents.
- Place the prepared crescents on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, the crescents will be golden brown.
- Remove and serve.