Our Korean BBQ Chicken recipe, tender, and juicy bites with a bit of spice. A delicious not too spicy barbeque flavors made in one pot in about 20 minutes. A mouthwatering dish loaded with flavors from a simple blend of spices to make the most flavor-packed meal.
Korean BBQ Chicken Recipe
Save your money and make your chicken that is perfectly seasoned with Asian spices and common ingredients you have on hand in the fridge. You are sure to add this in to your meal plans.
This Korean BBQ recipe is a great meal to have for lunch or dinner. Are you meal planning? Make a big batch and eat this chicken for lunch all week.
- boneless chicken breasts: Thighs can be used but will take a few more minutes to cook.
- sesame oil: Adds a nice nutty flavor to the ingredients.
- ketchup: if keto, be sure to use sugar-free ketchup.
- garlic powder
- ground ginger
- chicken broth: I use sodium and fat-free.
- Salt and pepper: to taste
Step by step instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sauce until brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the soy sauce, ketchup, and spices. Stir to combine. Cook for 3 minutes
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch. Pour over the chicken and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook for about 7 minutes. The chicken will be cooked through and the sauce will thicken.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro.
Why this recipe works
What you get with this mouthwatering Korean BBQ Chicken is deliciousness. In addition, your meal takes less than 30 minutes. From kids to adults, this recipe is always a hit. The spice factor is mild and you can adjust to your personal preference. As is, the recipe is kid-friendly and approved.
- I make this recipe for the hubs to bring to work as he loves the flavors and its a hearty recipe. Make ahead and use during the week for lunch.
- Having a party, this is a great recipe to make ahead and feed a crowd. Perfect for a buffet too.
- Keep the poultry in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
What to make with this recipe:
Roasted Broccoli: A tasty side that would pair well with these ingredients.
Oven Roasted Green Beans: Another quick recipe that would be so good with this chicken.
Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad: A delicious salad
A Spicy Sesame Ginger Bok Choy: What a great side dish.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com.
- meat thermometer: An essential tool for any kitchen. They are not expensive either.
- saute pan: This is one of my favorite and most used pans.
Check out my shop, Everyday Eileen I share all my favorite finds.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below.
Korean BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- ⅓ cup soy sauce Note 1
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ⅓ cup chicken stock Note 2
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat the sesame oil. Add in the chicken to brown meat, about 4 minutes.
- Add in soy sauce, ketchup, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes to blend flavors.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and cornstarch until smooth. Pour the broth over the chicken and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened. (Note 3)