Lemon Chicken Piccata is a family favorite recipe! We make this for dinner all the time. I am so excited to share how I make my low carb lemon chicken piccata. The white wine, lemon, garlic sauce and caper sauce is fantastic and the calories are kept down with low-sodium chicken stock too! There is an easy secret ingredient that keeps this meal low-carb, low-calorie and gluten-free! #italianfood
I cannot believe I have not shared this recipe for this easy Lemon Chicken Piccata with all of you before today! It is Italian Food Day for me and some of my favorite blogger friends! When I started to think of which recipe to share, it was a no-brainer! This recipe is super popular in Italian restaurants but it can be weighed down with calories from frying. Then There are the carbs in the bread crumbs, ugh! I played around with ingredients and I have created a recipe to make at home and its low-carb, low-calorie, crowd-pleasing easy lemon chicken recipe that’s delicious, trust me! Lemony and delicious!
What type of chicken should I use to make low-carb Lemon Chicken PIccata?
Use boneless chicken cutlets, much cheaper than the already packaged thin cutlets. I personally buy in bulk. Trim any fat from the cutlets and freeze them for use at a later date.
How to thin the chicken cutlets at home?
Place wax paper over the chicken cutlets and pound the chicken down to about 1/4 inch thick. Check out this tutorial, to cutting chicken cutlets
What are capers?
Capers are the unripened bud from a perennial plant that is native to the Mediterranean region. The bud is then pickled in wine, vinegar or brine.
What do you serve with Low Carb Lemon Chicken Piccata?
I love serving this chicken with Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic to keep it gluten-free, low carb and keto-friendly! Can you tell how much I love lemon and garlic! I love Roasted Spaghetti Squash with the Lemon Chicken Piccata which makes it a perfect low-carb easy meal!
How to make Lemon Chicken Piccata ( low-carb/keto)
- Add olive oil and unsalted butter to saute the chicken.
- Be sure pan is heated before adding the chicken, otherwise, they may stick to the pan.
- The cutlets cook about 3-4 minutes per side. Set cutlets aside.
How to make easy Low-Carb Lemon Chicken Piccata Sauce:
- Place the remaining olive oil and butter into the pan. Saute shallots and garlic for a few minutes. Add in white wine and lemon juice. Mix up the brown bits at the bottom, adds amazing flavor. Let sauce reduce by half.
- Add in capers and cooked chicken to warm chicken, serve and enjoy!
I love serving this chicken with Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic to keep it gluten-free, low carb and keto-friendly! Can you tell how much I love lemon and garlic! Of course, pasta goes wonderfully with this chicken. A few other sides you may enjoy are:
If you are looking for a cocktail to match, I love:
Please check out her fabulous recipe as well as all the other awesome recipes below! I just don’t know where to begin! They all look delish! Use #italianfood on social media to see all the great pics and posts too!
- Baked Ziti with Meat Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carpaccio di Tonno by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Comtesse d’Italia Cocktail by Bear and Bug Eats
- Italian Cream Cake with Nutty Cream Cheese Frosting by Family Around the Table
- Homemade Marinara Sauce by Frugal Pantry
- Eggplant Parmesan Casserole by Simple and Savory
- Italian Wedding Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Low Carb Lemon Chicken Piccata by Everyday Eileen
- Pasta e Fagioli by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sausage and Pepper Sheet Pan Sandwiches by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
LOVE SEEING AND SHARING YOUR CREATIONS! WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT. TAG @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAY_EILEEN
I love any comments or questions, please leave below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Low Carb Lemon Chicken Piccata
A delicious low carb lemon chicken piccata! The chicken is coated with almond flour and Parmesan Cheese. The sauce is light and tasty made from white wine, lemon, capers, shallots and garlic. Perfect for any night but great for a party too!
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets, 4 ounces each
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken stock use stock if you do not cook with alcohol
- 1 large lemon, juiced about 1/4 cup juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
In a large plate, mix almond flour, Parmesan Cheese, salt and black pepper. Rinse the chicken in cold water and dredge in the almond flour mixture. Coat chicken well in the flour mixture. Set aside until all chicken dredged in flour.
Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons each of olive oil and unsalted butter, butter should sizzle. Add the chicken pieces to the skillet. Make sure chicken is not overlapping. Let chicken brown about 3-4 minutes. Flip chicken to complete cooking another 3-4 minutes. Once cooked, set chicken aside.
To the skillet, add the remaining olive oil and butter. Add in the chopped shallots and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add in white wine or chicken stock, lemon juice, and capers. Let simmer to reduce by about half, approximately 5 minutes.
- If making ahead, I get the dish ready and just reheat on the stovetop for a few minutes with a pot cover. Can be reheated in oven at 250 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- If using chicken stock instead of wine, use low-sodium, fat-free broth.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Save this recipe for low-carb Keto Lemon Chicken Piccata here:
Need some more low-carb chicken recipes, check out these recipes from some of my favorite blogs: