Healthy Tuscan Bean Salad is my rendition of a favorite salad at Costco that my family loves! I have made my bean salad a bit healthier and it tastes great. Pair this Easy Bean Salad to be served as a dip with chips.
The hubs and I were at a potluck party on Fire Island! We had an amazing Tuscan Bean Salad from Costco! It was truly delicious! Loaded with beans and Mediterranean flavors that went so well with our low-carb tortilla chips!
I try to make homemade with all natural ingredients. So I set out to remake this bean salad that was loaded with yummy flavors! It’s a flavorful bean salad with the best combo of beans, barley, veggies, and a great dressing that makes an amazing salad/bean dip!
Tuscan Bean Salad:
This healthy Tuscan Bean Salad is so delicious and easy to make. Everyone loves a no-cook recipe and this one literally takes minutes to prep and everyone is happy!
This is a year-round tasty easy bean salad. I make this a lot for my youngest for school. The salad travels well and we always bring along to our lacrosse tourneys. It’s a great protein and a no-cook lunch/snack, everyone wins!
Can you make Tuscan Bean Salad ahead of time?
Make the salad ahead of time to let flavors blend. Make this either the evening before or in the am. Let the flavors combine
I have extra cooked fresh beans, can I use them in lieu of canned?
Sure, although they have to be cooked. I find the canned beans are delicious with this recipe and make the recipe quick and easy.
Can store made pesto be used for the salad?
Yes, I prefer to use Skinny Basil Pesto! Again, I control the ingredients and a homemade pesto is lower in calories than store-bought pesto. However, in a pinch, feel free to use store-bought pesto.
Love salads, here are a few more salads for you:
- Red Lentil Saladsuch a delicious salad that is easy to make and perfect for meal prep lunch too.
- Kale Quinoa Salad
- Superfood Detox Salad
- Caesar Salad with Poblano Dressing
- Israeli Salad from Know Your Produce: a flavorful salad made with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Strawberry Mint Salad from Mom on Timeout: A fresh salad that tastes great.
HOW TO MAKE TUSCAN BEAN SALAD:
- Combine beans, barley, peppers, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and green onions in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the garlic, skinny basil pesto (or store-bought), canola oil, white vinegar, lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the dressing into the salad ingredients.
- Cover tightly, keep in the fridge for at least 4 hours to overnight to blend flavors.
- Check seasoning. Reseason if needed.
- Serve as a dip, side dish and enjoy!
When you make any of my recipes, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions below!
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CONNECT WITH ME:
Are you loving this recipe, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Healthy Tuscan Bean Salad
Bean Salad Ingredients
- 15 ounce can, chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can, navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup barley, cooked according to package directions
- 1 whole green pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 whole red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 whole tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, finely diced
Tuscan Dressing Ingredients
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons skinny basil pesto
- 3 Tablespoons canola oIl
- 5 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Tuscan Salad Dressing
- In a small mason jar, combine the Skinny Basil Pesto (or store made pesto), canola oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place cover on mason jar and shake well, to combine all ingredients.
- Check the seasoning and adjust, if necessary. Set aside.
To Assemble the Tuscan Bean Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, navy beans, cooked barley, green peppers, red peppers,diced tomato, sun dried tomatoes, and green onions. Season with ground black pepper.
- Toss the bean salad with the Tuscan Dressing, recipe above.
- Taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary.
- Chill salad for a few hours or overnight to blend the flavors. Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer with tortilla or pita chips
- Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer with tortilla or pita chips
- The salad has no cook time, bear in mind the barley is cooked according to the packaging you choose, therefore I did not include in the recipe.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.