Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates and a Champagne Vinaigrette is one of my families favorite salads! Full of flavor and super healthy! Great for lunch or a meatless dinner! #gluten-free #low-carb #vegetarian.
I have been Blessed to have my younger son home for a bit. Yesterday, he had to go back to California! He is one of my go to people to run through recipe ideas! I had to share this Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates today because is’s one of his favorite salads! I have been making this recipe for quite some time and topping with Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing! This and my Superfood Detox Salad are his two favorite salads!
Benefits of eating QUINOA:
- Quinoa is filled with protein.
- Perfect meal plan addition. Make a large batch on Sunday and add to salads all week.
- High in fiber and aids in deterring high blood pressure
- Have a mitochondrial disease like myself, quinoa has magnesium which protects red blood cells and a filled with antioxidants.
Tips to make Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates:
- I suggest making this as a meal prep salad. This keeps very well in fridge.
- The key to kale, not sure why that makes me giggle, and salad for me is to put the dressing on the kale and let it marinate the kale for a little while.
- The marinade softens the kale so it is tender and yummy.
- Pomegranates are low-fat, high in fiber, an anti-inflammatory, and can help lower blood pressure.
This is a perfect healthy meal this is both filling and delicious. I gauge by the hubs, he’s all about healthy food for dinner and then hits the freezer for a scoop of ice cream if he really is not full. This one satiates and the hubs never needs that sweet treat after this meal! I hope you enjoy this salad as much as my family!
Pin for later:
WHEN MAKING THIS SALAD, TAG EVERYDAY_EILEEN AND #EVERYDAYEILEEN
I LOVE SEEING AND SHARING YOUR CREATIONS!
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!
ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RECIPE, ASK IN THE COMMENT SECTION!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER, BLOGLOVIN, GOOGLE PLUS !
THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS SHARING MY PASSION AND LOVE FOR FOOD AND FAMILY!
Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates
A tasty and healthy salad loaded with kale and quinoa. Easy and quick to prepare and adding in pomegranates and goat cheese makes this a balanced meal! I top this salad with a champagne vinaigrette.
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa can use any type quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 8 cups kale, washed well and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 whole shallot, minced
- 1 whole pomegranate, use arils
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
Pour quinoa into a strainer, rinse quinoa well. Cook quinoa according to the package.
To a blender, add diced shallots, minced garlic , dijon mustard, champagne vinegar, agave, pepper, and salt. Blend well until smooth. Slowly stream in the avocado oil into the blender to emulsify the salad dressing, Set aside.
In a large salad bowl combine kale and shallots. Drizzle some of the Champagne Vinaigrette over the greens. Massage the vinaigrette into the greens to soften the kale.
To the bowl of kale, add the quinoa, pomegranate arils, and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle some more of the champagne vinaigrette on the salad. Toss well and serve.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes