Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates and a Champagne Vinaigrette is one of my families favorite salads! Full of flavor and super healthy! Great for lunch or a meatless dinner! Quinoa adds a ton of protein. Topped with the superfood kale and the dressing has tahini and lemon....delicious!#gluten-free #low-carb #vegetarian.
I have been Blessed to have my younger son home for a bit. Yesterday, he had to go back to California! I miss him more than anything and he's my go for recipe ideas and he's a foodie, so he is my taste tester. I had to share this Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates today because it's one of his favorite salads! I have been making this recipe for quite some time and I use Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing! Oh,you have to make this salad dressing with this salad and anything else you want to be delicious! This and my Superfood Detox Salad are his two favorite salads!
Benefits of eating quinoa:
- Quinoa is filled with protein.
- Perfect meal plan addition. Make a large batch on Sunday and add to salads all week.
- High in fiber and aids in deterring high blood pressure
- Have a mitochondrial disease like myself, quinoa has magnesium which protects red blood cells and a filled with antioxidants.
Tips to make Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates:
- I suggest making this as a meal prep salad. This keeps very well in fridge.
- The key to kale, not sure why that makes me giggle, and salad for me is to put the dressing on the kale and let it marinate the kale for a little while.
- The marinade softens the kale so it is tender and yummy.
- Pomegranates are low-fat, high in fiber, an anti-inflammatory, and can help lower blood pressure.
This is a perfect healthy meal this is both filling and delicious. I gauge by the hubs, he's all about healthy food for dinner and then hits the freezer for a scoop of ice cream if he really is not full. This one satiates and the hubs never needs that sweet treat after this meal! I hope you enjoy this salad as much as my family!
I love seeing your recreations! Tag your pic on Instagram with #everydayeileen or @everday_eileen
Any comments or questions about the recipe, leave them below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
It would be awesome if you liked the recipe to give it a rating!
Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa can use any type quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 8 cups kale, washed well and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 whole shallot, minced
- 1 whole pomegranate, use arils
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Pour quinoa into a strainer, rinse quinoa well. Cook quinoa according to the package.
- To a blender, add diced shallots, minced garlic , dijon mustard, champagne vinegar, agave, pepper, and salt. Blend well until smooth. Slowly stream in the avocado oil into the blender to emulsify the salad dressing, Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine kale and shallots. Drizzle some of the Champagne Vinaigrette over the greens. Massage the vinaigrette into the greens to soften the kale.
- To the bowl of kale, add the quinoa, pomegranate arils, and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle some more of the champagne vinaigrette on the salad. Toss well and serve.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes