Tequila Lime Marinated Hangar Steak, a lean steak that is flavor filled! Perfect to feed a crowd at a BBQ! A great weeknight meal and versatile! The marinade is also great on chicken and pork! Serve with anything from guacamole to grilled veggies!
For those who began following my recipes from the beginning, this was one of the originals! I don't cringe at the originals because life is meant for learning. Thank goodness, I am learning, and I hope in another 2 years, I will give you even better recipes and ideas or I am not learning! I am re-visiting this recipe that was originally published in June 2015. I have updated the photos for this yummy Tequila Lime Marinated Hangar Steak!
This marinade is great on any cut of beef, chicken and pork! Hangar steak is fantastic because it is great for a crowd and cooks up in no time! I generally marinate the steak overnight and take them out of the fridge about ½ hour before cooking to bring them to room temperature!
I love to pair this steak with salads like Healthy Tuscan Bean Salad, Weight Watchers Caesar Salad with Poblano Dressing, or Cauliflower Tabbouleh! Other sides that I pair with this steak are Easy Grilled Truffle Oil Potato Wedges and Slow Cooker Baked Beans! Top it all off by serving a tasty Skinny Pineapple Mango Frozen Margarita with Chili Salt Rim!
Everyday Eileen Tip:
- When you can, Purchase your steak on sale and freeze some steaks!
- When freezing for a future date, place the raw steak in the marinade and freeze extra meals for future dates. As it defrosts, the flavors marry into the meat.
- When meat is grilled, let the meat settle for about 10 minutes before cutting. Cut meat against the grain.
Tequila Lime Marinated Steak
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 pounds Hangar Steak
- Trim hangar steak of any visible fat.
- In a bowl, add red onion, garlic, tequila, lime juice, Dijon mustard, raw honey, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Check seasoning and adjust, if needed.
- Using a large gallon size storage bag, place the steak in the bag. Pour the marinade over the steak and seal the bag. Squeeze the bag to ensure marinade coats the steak!
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or over night.
- Heat the grill to 400 degrees, high heat. Remove steak from the marinade, discard marinade. Place steak on the grill. Turn the grill heat down to medium. Grill the steak for about 3 minutes. Flip steak and grill another 4 minutes.
- Remove steak from grill. Let rest about 10 minutes. Cut meat against the grain and serve.
- Let the meat rest about 10 minutes before cutting against the grain.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.