Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken is one of my families favorite meals. The chicken marinates in amazing Asian flavors and is grilled to perfection with the most amazing flavor. This super versatile chicken recipe is amazing on its own but makes a great addition in salads, sandwiches, over cauliflower rice, rice or quinoa.
The family loves the flavor of these delicious apricot glazed grilled chicken! They are always asking me to make these chicken breasts! The marinade is a yummy blend of apricot jam, Mirin, soy sauce, ginger, and Dijon mustard, super easy to prepare!
I began this website less than a year ago! One of my earliest dishes was this Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken! I have to say, it is delicious but I needed to update because the original photos were, well let’s just say, I have learned a lot since then about food photography and I hope to continue to keep learning!They did not do this recipe this recipe justice!This chicken is so juicy and a big hit with my family and friends! This is a low-calorie recipe that I make often!! The chicken can also be grilled and placed in freezer bags to use on later dates. I make these in bulk and freeze individual chicken breasts for salads and wraps.
Everyday Tip- get your chicken breasts on a store sale and you can make your marinade and place the chicken breasts in the marinade in freezer bags! As needed, when the marinated chicken breasts defrost, the marinade flavor penetrates through the chicken.
Chicken is my go-to grilling meat because who doesn’t love chicken! I make this marinade a lot because it is so versatile. You can make chicken kabobs and the marinade also works beautifully on any other type of chicken and pork!
Pin it for later:
I find the longer this chicken marinates, the better! I would say at least two hours if marinated overnight, and your guests will want to stay forever! I think this is one of the recipes that has kept my older kids continue living with us! Serious taste bud love with this chicken!
Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken pairs well with:
I hope you all make this yummy Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken soon! I would love to hear how the recipe worked for you, family and friends. I love when recipes are shared to my Instagram using #everydayeileen!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken
- 6 large boneless chicken breast trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- ⅓ cup light soy sauce ( low sodium) can use tamarind
- 2 Tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan, add the oil.
- Add the grated ginger, shallots, and garlic Stir frequently, about 2 minutes, shallots will be translucent.
- Add the apricot preserve, soy sauce, Mirin, and Dijon mustard.Stir until the flavors blend into the marinade.
- Remove from heat, set aside marinade to cool a bit while you prep the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast into a large gallon storage bag and add the cooled marinade into the bag.
- Seal the bag and make sure you cover the chicken breasts with the marinade.
- Let it marinate for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours ( can be frozen at this point as well)
- When ready to grill, remove chicken breasts from storage bag, discard of marinade.
- Grill each side about 6 minutes.
- The chicken will take about 5 minutes per side! Enjoy!
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size