Who doesn't love breakfast and a Spinach and Mushroom Frittata is so easy to prepare and nutricious. Perfect for any breakfast, Holiday brunch, lunch and even dinner. Pack in tons of veggies and the variety of veggies and proteins are endless! Easy to reheat! Perfect for leftovers too!
It has been one heck of a few weeks for my family! As I told you all in my post, Apricot Bourbon Maple Glazed Ham, my Dad had been in the hospital! We were all so happy to have him home. My Mom fell and broke 5 ribs and another 4 are buckled, she ended up in intensive care for a week! As you all can imagine, I had little sleep and have spent my time with family. I am hoping, we can get back on a routine. One of my parents favorite meals is this yummy Spinach Mushroom Frittata! I had originally posted this when I first began my website. I have updated my pics and I hope you all enjoy!
Preparing frittatas are great because they can be made in advance! You can serve them hot or at room temperature! They make delicious leftovers! You know frittatas aren't just for breakfast anymore :)! They are a great way to maintain clean eating and a low-carb diet! Making a frittata is a great way to add in lots of veggies too! I keep the fat down by combining whole eggs and egg whites. Everyday tip - the container egg whites in the dairy section of the grocery store work great in both frittatas and omelettes!
This frittata is prepared with fresh spinach, mushrooms, and reduced fat cheese! Yummy!! I prefer to use cage free eggs, but regular eggs will work as well! I use reduced fat cheddar cheese. Feel free to swap out a cheese you have in the fridge!
Just a little side note, the pan in the picture above came from my Nanny! That cast iron pan has to be at least 70 years old! It is without a doubt, my favorite cooking tool! One of my most prized possessions! I cherish that pan! Thank you for letting me share!
Frittatas are super easy to make. I love the versatility because you can use your imagination with ingredients or just clean out the fridge and have a delicious frittata!
Save this recipe to your FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! I hope you follow me on PINTEREST! I’m always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers!
Subscribe to my newsletter to never miss a recipe!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Spinach and Mushroom Frittata
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese I used 2% fat cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat an 8 inch round skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- To the skillet, add the diced mushrooms and spinach and saute for about 2 minutes to slightly cook the mushrooms and wilt the spinach.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs and egg whites and whisk until combined.
- To the bowl add the cheddar cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Give the mixture a quick stir to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and stir to combine and distribute the vegetables and cheese in the eggs. Let it cook on the stove for about 2 minutes so the eggs begin to set.
- After 2 minutes, place the skillet into the preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes for the eggs to completely cook through
- any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
- I make this ahead of time and just reheat prior to seving.
- A great dish served hot or at room temperture
- Freezes well, wrapped tightly. I then place in a large freezer bag, use within 3 months