Today we have the Best Bloody Mary, this will be your go-to, family and friends favorite Bloody Mary recipe! An easy and delicious homemade Bloody Mary recipe that’s always a hit!
Perfect for brunch on Christmas, New Year’s, Easter, Mother’s Day, or any Holiday celebration! The perfect pick me up cocktail! Wait till you see my secret ingredient to make the Best Bloody Mary Recipe!
You will be hooked and your family and friends will want the recipe!
My favorite Bloody Mary with my secret ingredient that puts it over the top!
Let me set the record straight! My Mom is a hilarious, witty, and extremely serious about her Bloody Mary Recipe! Just as my Dad is quite serious about his famous Irish Coffee Recipe.
So you can imagine, I have learned my cocktail skills from the best! Today, you are in for a treat with this epic Bloody Mary recipe, yes my friends, epic!
You are about to learn How to Make “The Best Bloody Mary”!
I thought it would be fitting to start the year with my Mom’s delicious recipe for How To Make The Best Bloody Mary recipe! Although my Mom’s bloody marys are amazing, I always put a little spin on recipes to make them my own!
After much experimenting, I can’t wait for you all to try my spin on Mom’s Bloody Mary recipe! The secret is adding a hit of olive juice and guess what else, A-1 sauce! Oh my, what an amazing Bloody Mary you will enjoy! Just a little slice of heaven!
These are always a hit at celebrations! Perfect for a New Years Day brunch with the family! What I love is that you can prepare a larger amount of this every so delicious Bloody Mary Recipe the night before your party. Let the mix chill in the fridge! One less thing to worry about!
FAQs about the Bloody Mary:
Where did the Bloody Mary cocktail originate?
A drink called “The Red Snapper” in the early 1930s created by a bartender named Petriot at the St. Regis Hotel added Tabasco Sauce to the drink. The drink eventually transformed into being called a “Bloody Mary”. An interesting read on the Bloody Mary is in this Esquire article!
What is the difference between a Bloody Mary and a Caesar?
The main difference between these two cocktails is the juice. A Bloody Mary uses tomato juice and a Caesar uses Clamato juice, which is a tomato/clam juice.
Is the Michelada cocktail the same drink as a Bloody Mary?
No, but I will share that recipe with you all soon! Yum! A Michelada has the addition of beer and some different spices.
How long can Homemade Bloody Mary Mix be kept in the fridge?
Well, to be honest, this has never been an issue for mi Familia! teehee! However, the bloody mary mix can keep in the fridge well covered about 2 – 3 weeks. Let me know who doesn’t drink them and can keep them in the fridge that long, impressive!
Is this a Vegan Cocktail?
Probably not Vegan. Check the labels on your ingredients, especially the Worcheshire sauce. Worcheshire can contain anchovies.
What are the best toppings for the Best Bloody Mary Recipe?
Endless possibilities, here are some favorites of the family:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more!) Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Thank you so very much for being apart of Everyday Eileen!
How to Make A Perfect Bloody Mary?
- First, prep the glass by combining celery salt and Kosher Salt on a plate.
- Rub lime juice on the rim of the glass.
- Roll the rim of the glass in the celery salt mixture and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the spicy V-8 juice, vodka, horseradish, olive juice, lime juice, A-1 sauce, celery salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and ice cubes. Shake well!
- Pour into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish with your favorites and enjoy!
This is the perfect blend of spices! I can’t get enough horseradish and hot sauce in mine! These Bloody Mary’s are made with low-sodium V-8 juice!
I hope you all enjoy your National Bloody Mary Day and kick-start your New Year with these Bloody Mary’s!
Having a Brunch, these are some great additions I hope you try:
I will end with a wish to you and your families to have a wonderful and Happy New Year!
When you make these delicious Bloody Mary’s, take a pic and tag me on Instagram with #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
How to Make the Best Bloody Mary:
The Best Bloody Mary recipe that will be requested always! Add these to any brunch menu!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
If you enjoy this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating! Any comments or questions are super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
How To Make The Best Bloody Mary
- 8 ounces Spicy Hot V-8 juice regular V-8 juice can be used
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon olive juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon A-1 Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- pepper, to taste
- Ice cubes
To Garnish the Glass
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
To garnish the drink
- celery stick
- green olives
- To prepare the glass, on a small plate, combine the celery salt and Kosher salt.
- Use the lime wedge to moisten the glass rim. Then roll the rim in the salt combination. Set glass aside to make your Bloody Mary cocktail.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the spicy V-8 juice, vodka, horseradish, olive juice, lime juice, A-1 sauce, celery salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and ice cubes.
- Put shaker top on and shake about Worcestershire times to combine ingredients.
- Pour into glass and garnish with the celery stack, olives, and any other garnish you choose
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
Pin these tasty Bloody Mary’s to make any time: