This Chicken Rub recipe is the perfect blend of spices to give your chicken a little bit of everything- salty, sweet, and savory. It's an all-purpose rub that can be used on any kind of chicken, whether you're grilling, roasting, or even frying. And it's easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
Do you love the flavor of chicken but get tired of the same old recipes? This chicken rub recipe is the perfect way to add some excitement to your dinner menu. The spices give the chicken a delicious and unique flavor that everyone will love.
- It's a versatile chicken rub that can be used on any kind of chicken.
- It's easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
- The perfect blend of spices gives your chicken a tasty flavor that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- light brown sugar
- dried thyme
- dried oregano
- ground coriander
- small bowl
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combined
- Move to airtight container storage.
You can easily store this chicken seasoning rub recipe in an airtight container for up to 2 months. I like using a small mason jar or spice jar.
Expert Tip: When you're ready to use it, simply rub it on your chicken breasts, thighs, or drumsticks. You can even use it as a marinade by rubbing it on the chicken and letting it sit for a few hours before cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
I generally recommend you let the dry rub sit on the chicken for at least 30 minutes, up to 12 hours if you have the time.
There really is no set amount, it depends on how much flavor you want. I usually do 1 or two tablespoons.
Just rub the chicken rub before onto the chicken breasts before you cook them.
You could also use olive oil, avocado oil, or any other type of cooking oil. Just make sure to rub it into the chicken breasts so that the spice rub sticks.
- Sriracha Chicken Rub: Add 1-2 teaspoons of sriracha sauce to the spice rub for a little bit of heat.
- Chipotle Chicken Rub: Add 1-2 teaspoons of chipotle pepper powder to the spice rub for a smoky flavor.
- Cajun Chicken Rub: Add 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning to the spice
- Sugar-Free Chicken Rub: Omit the brown sugar or use a sugar-free alternative like monk fruit sweetener.
- Roasted potatoes are the perfect easy side dish for so many recipes.
- My go-to side dish with chicken is a baked potato. And, with this Instant Pot Baked Potato recipe, you can take the work of baking them and have your side recipe in no time at all.
- I love to pair something sweet with a hearty meal like this. These Cracker Barrel Fried Apples are easy to make and go well with flavorful chicken.
- This Easy Greek Chicken Marinade recipe is the perfect way to add flavor to your chicken! If you are looking for a simple dinner idea give this greek chicken a try!
- One my most popular recipes are these tasty Chicken Drumsticks. The marinade is fantastic on any type of chicken.
- If you're looking for an easy dinner that'll make your house smell amazing, look no further than Roast Chicken in the Instant Pot. It seems like a fancy meal without a lot of effort.
- These Baked Chicken Leg Quarters are perfectly seasoned with a homemade blend of simple pantry spices. They are without a doubt one of our favorite dinners. You won't regret making this recipe.
- These Dry Rub Chicken Wings taste amazing when you use this homemade chicken dry rub recipe.
- Homemade Seasoning Salt is a great rub I add to many cuts of chicken and beef.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Best Chicken Dry Rub Recipe
- In a small mixing bow whisk together Kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, light brown sugar, thyme, oregano, and coriander