You are going to love these crispy, crunchy Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings. With just a few simple pantry ingredients and about 20 minutes and you have the most amazing treat.
Next time, be sure to try our Baked Buffalo wings, they are another mouthwatering recipe!
❤️ Why you’ll love this recipe
- Who doesn’t love a good chicken wing?
- Easy ingredients for delicious results.
- Air frying is so much better for you.
- Bone in chicken wings, separated and discard wing tip – you can use other chicken parts but cooking times will need to be adjusted.
- All-purpose flour – Those on Keto can use almond flour or no flour at all. Gluten-free flour can be substituted.
- Lemon pepper seasoning – give the perfect kick of flavor to the wings.
- Olive oil, we use just a bit to coat the wings to ensure the seasoning sticks and the skin gets crispy.
- Unsalted butter, gives a nice glaze and flavor to the whole recipe.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Step 1: In a small bowl, combine the flour and a half tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning.
Step 2: Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and drizzle on 1-2 Tablespoons oil.
Step 3: Toss the chicken wings to coat with the oil, then dredge each chicken wing in the flour mixture.
Step 4: Place each coated chicken wing in the basket of your air fryer.
Step 5: Set temperature of the air fryer to 400F. Bake for about 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
Step 6: Once the wings are fully cooked, melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and dredge each cooked chicken wing in the melted butter.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
- Each air fryer is different, my wings are ready in about 30 minutes, with an internal temperature of 165°F.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an air tight container.
You can freeze the lemon pepper wings for up to 4 months in a freezer safe bag. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat in the air fryer or oven at 340°F for about 10 minutes to warm the wings.
The wings can also be reheated in the microwave, follow the manufactures instructions to reheat the wings.
Expert Tip: Be sure to spread the wings are not touching and spread out in the air fryer for best results.
- Be sure to not flip the wings util they are almost cooked through, otherwise you may loose some of the lemon pepper coating.
- We use drums and flats, if using the whole wing, you will need to add on about 15 minutes cooking time. check the internal temperature of the chicken to be 165°F when cooking complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course. This seasoning works on any type of chicken including breasts and legs, bone-in or boneless.
While the wings are low in carbs. To be keto, all-purpose four cannot be used. Use almond flour or no flour for keto wings.
Feel free to use the directions for our dry-rub chicken wing recipe for keto wings.
Some of our favorite dipping sauces are our Copycat Chik Fil A Sauce, what a great combo!
Blue Cheese Dressing is a huge hit with everyone.
Honey Mustard Sauce is another winner of a dip to pair with these Lemon Pepper Wings.
Some of my favorite side dishes to make with these are any of our potato recipes. Always perfect together, wings and taters!
You can never go wrong with roasted Brussels Sprouts either.
You should also try our grilled chicken wings recipe, so tender.
Bacon wrapped chicken bites are another huge hit that any of our dipping sauces pair will with too.
Love chicken, well join the thousands who have made our chicken drumsticks! A family favorite!
Our baked crispy chicken is another big winner!
I guess we really do love drumsticks, our baked chicken quarters are becoming quite popular too.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need. Don’t forget that you can click on “add to collection” to save it to your own, private recipe box!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and 1 Tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning. Set aside.
- Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil. Coat wings well with the oil. Or, spray wings with olive oil spray.
- Dredge wings in the lemon pepper-flour mixture.
- Arrange each seasoned wing in air fryer basket. Spread the wings apart so they do not touch. ( This ensures they get crispy)
- Set temperature of air fryer to 400°F. Set timer for 30 minutes. Turn wings halfway through cooking time.
- Once the wings are fully cooked, melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl, according to manufacterers instructions. Stir remaining lemon pepper seasoning into melted butter.
- Toss each chicken wing in melted butter mixture. Serve with favorite dipping sauce.
Baked Lemon Pepper Wings
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large baking sheet with olive oil spray, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning. Set aside.
- Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil. Coat wings well with the oil.
- Dredge wings in the lemon pepper/flour mixture.
- Arrange each seasoned wing on prepared baking tray. Spread wings apart so they are not touching. (This ensures they get crispy)
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, turning wings at about 40 minutes. Wings will be crispy, cooked through, no longer pink, with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Finish with steps 6-7 in the above instructions or air frying.
- any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.