It’s tailgate season and I am sharing one of my favorite recipes ever, bacon-wrapped chicken bites. I assure you, one-two, three, watch out you may consume the whole bowl before you get it out to your family and friends! My friends, doesn’t bacon make everything better? Enjoy tender chicken wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with brown sugar, smoked paprika, and chili powder. Hello, delicious!
This post is in conjunction with #TailgateParty. I received product from a sponsor company to aid in the creation of my recipe. All opinions are mine alone.
I’m celebrating tailgate foods with some of my favorite food bloggers! These tasty bites are amazing as an appetizer or a main dish. Thank you to Ashley, who writes Cheese Curd in Paradise for running this event. Don’t forget to check out all the recipes at the bottom of this post. In addition, we have a great giveaway thanks to ThermoWorks, also at the bottom of this post.
Finger foods are the best. Bacon-wrapped chicken bites are a personal favorite of mine. They’re so darn delicious.
The chicken is juicy. The bacon, well what more is there to say, bacon is my jam. Then there is the superb topping of brown sugar and spices to make these bites oh so yummy.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites
Bacon and chicken are a perfect pair. This recipe is very easy to put together. You can prep everything in advance. When you’re ready to eat, bake and enjoy.
The combo of brown sugar, chili powder, and smoked paprika, wow, the flavors are going to pop in your mouth. The heat level of the chicken bites is very versatile. I make mine with half very spicy and the other milder for me and the girls. Everyone is happy.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites Ingredients
- boneless chicken breast– boneless chicken cut into 1-2 inch pieces. Boneless thighs can be used.
- bacon – maple-flavored bacon is my preferred choice for this recipe, it’s full of flavor.
- brown sugar – adds a sweetness to the bacon and chicken.
- smoked paprika – a smoky spice that balances the brown sugar.
- chili powder – gives a nice kick of heat. Feel free to add more if you like a lot of spice.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites FAQs
Can I make the bites ahead of time?
Absolutely. Prepare the chicken. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to bake.
Can I freeze the bacon chicken bites and use at a later date?
Yes. Prepare chicken with the bacon and spices.. Place them on a baking tray in the freezer for about an hour. The chicken can keep well sealed in the freezer for about 3-4 months. Bake frozen for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. You can defrost the chicken overnight in the fridge and bake as directed in recipe.
What is the best oven temperature to bake the chicken?
Bake your bacon chicken bites at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes on a sheet pan with a rack.
What should the internal temperature of the chicken be when fully cooked?
According to USDA guidelines, the internal temperature should be 165 degrees. Thermoworks is our sponsor for today’s tailgate celebration. They have an awesome variety of thermometers. I use their ThermoPop digital thermometer. A must-have tool for accurate meat and poultry reading.
Chicken bites wrapped in bacon, please note the chicken was cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. The chicken cooled off while photos were taken.
Having a party, these are some of my favorite dips snacks:
Jalapeno Popper Dip – 25 minutes to a spicy dip that is creamy and cheesy. Dip veggies or crackers in this amazing dip.
Guacamole – I think every party needs guacamole, enough said!
Beer Cheese Dip – beer and cheese, mouthwatering, say no more.
Homemade Boursin Cheese – my friends, an herby cheese spread that blows away any store made dip.
Try some of these finger food treats:
Dry Rub Chicken Wings – the spice is low-key but you can ramp up the spice. Easy to make and always a hit.
Cocktail Meatballs – I love these meatballs. I keep a batch in the freezer for my munchie attack.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli – I do love a bacon ranch combo whenever I can get it.
Pro tips to make great bacon wrapped chicken bites
- Cut the chicken in even pieces so they bake evenly, about 1 ½ to 2 inches each.
- I put toothpicks in the bites to make it easy to flip the chicken over while baking.
- For great crispy bacon, use a baking tray with a wire rack so the bacon gets crispy.
- If you don’t have a rack for your tray, put the bites under the broiler for a few seconds at the end of baking
Shop this recipe
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- baking sheet with rack: if you don’t own one of these, highly recommend getting one. Great for baking chicken.
- ThermoWorks ThermoPop® digital thermometer: this thermometer is accurate and easy to use.
Check out my store, Everyday Eileen I share all my favorite finds!
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces about 1 ½ to 2 inches.
- Wrap the chicken with a slice of bacon.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, and smoked paprika.
- Put a toothpick through each of the chicken bacon pieces.
- Place each bite into the brown sugar spice mix and coat well with the mix.
- Place each piece onto the rack on the baking tray.
- Bake about 12 minutes.
- Turn each piece over and bake another 8 -12 minutes.
- Chicken should be at 165 degrees and the bacon crispy.
- Serve and enjoy
Give us a like on FACEBOOK
For great recipes and tips, follow along on Pinterest.
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Are you loving this recipe, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 12 slices bacon Note 1
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder Note 2
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the chicken into 1 ½ to 2 inch pieces.
- Cut bacon in half.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in bacon.
- Use a toothpick to secure bacon on the chicken pieces.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, smoked paprika, and chili powder.
- Dredge bacon wrapped chicken in the sugar spice mix.
- Place on rack on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Turn chicken, bake another 8 - 13 minutes.
- Internal temperature of chicken should be 165 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
We have delicious recipes from across the country to make your next tailgating party the best and most delicious party ever!
Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls by Daily Dish Recipes
Finger Food Treats
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites by Everyday Eileen
- Quick Brined Chicken Thighs by The Beard and The Baker
- Spice-Rubbed Pork Chop + Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Burgers and Sliders
- Brat Bites with Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Brutus Burgers by The Spiffy Cookie
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing by Family Around the Table
- Smoked Pork and Cheddar Burgers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Tailgate Sliders by Sweet Beginnings
Breads and Dips
- Buffalo Snack Mix by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cubano Dip by The Freshman Cook
- Dutch Oven Party Twist Loaf by Simply Inspired Meals
- Sourdough Baguettes with Classic Pimento Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Tailgate Three Meat Chili by Our Good Life