This is The Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe. It's so fresh and easy to prepare. It takes just a few minutes to make the most delicious simple guacamole you have ever tasted. Fresh and so full of flavor! Ready in minutes.
Avocados are a favorite of my family. We eat some sort of avocados daily. Whether it be Avocado Toast or an Avocado Tuna Salad, we always love adding it into our menu. Today I am sharing my easiest Homemade Guacamole Recipe.
I have been making this homemade guacamole recipe forever! The family loves it. It is simple and easy. No need for any crazy additions when you want to enjoy the freshness of a good avocado.
My kid have all been eating this forever. They love it on a spinach wrap in the morning with some scrambled eggs.
Homemade Guacamole Recipe
There are many ways to spice up guacamole. This is a tasty no-frills all taste recipe for guac. Super easy and all flavor. Use this for tacos, enchiladas, dip for tortilla chips, quesadillas, taco burgers, you get the idea, everything!
How to pick a ripe avocado?
Check the stem. When you pick it off and the underneath is green, your avocado is ripe.
My avocado isn't ripe, can I speed up ripening?
If you place your avocados in a paper bag for a day or two will speed up the ripening process.
How far in advance can I make this homemade guacamole recipe?
It is best to make your guacamole as close to the time of serving as possible to keep it as green as possible.
What is the best way to keep Homemade Guacamole green overnight?
I found this idea on Kitchn and it worked. Put the leftover guac into a bowl that has a tight lid. Put a little water over the guacamole and top with the lid. When ready to eat, drain water and the guacamole will still be green. I'm sure it's a science thing, I don't get it, but it works.
Homemade Guacamole Ingredients:
Avocados - use fresh avocados
Jalapeno- fresh and if you want more heat add some of the seeds.
Red onions - diced are my favorite onions to use for guac.
Garlic - fresh minced garlic
Lime Juice - always use fresh lime juice.
Ground Cumin - adds great flavor to the guacamole.
Kosher salt and Ground Black Pepper.
Serve Homemade Guacamole with these tasty recipes:
- Grilled Mexican Pork Chops - These are delicious served with Salsa Verde, Pico De Gallo and this Guacamole.
- Mexican Shredded Beef- A very versatile beef recipe that can make tacos, nachos, quesadillas, etc!
- Pork Carnitas: Everyone love this recipe and a good guacamole is a fabulous topper.
- Taco Burgers: If you haven't made these yet, please do and top off with my guac, your welcome 🙂
- Carne Asada Burrito Bowls from My Crazy Good Life, these are delicious. Add some guacamole and enjoy!
- Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles from 4 Sons R Us, such a yummy recipe and add some of this guacamole! Delish!
Pro Tips to make the Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe:
- To start, dice the jalapeno, red onion and mince the garlic. Add them to the lime juice and let them maserate in the lime juice to release the flavors and soften the onion and garlic.
- Be sure you are using ripe avocados for the freshest flavor.
- Make your guacamole right before serving is best to prevent browning of the avocado.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more!) We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com
Shop this recipe:
- Adorable Guacamole Bowl: I love this bowl. Also, a great hostess gift.
Check out my store. I am always updating great finds for not just cooking, I hope you check it out here, Everyday Eileen update it regularly!
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR FAVORITE HOMEMADE GUACAMOLE! I’D LOVE TO HEAR HOW IT TURNS OUT FOR YOU!
Save this recipe to your FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! Follow me on PINTEREST for amazing recipes ideas, travel, and more!
Feel free to leave me any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Love the recipe, please give them a 5-star rating! It is super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeds removed Note 1
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, to taste
Additions to Guacamole
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl add the lime juice, jalapeno, red onion, and minced garlic. Let the flavors blend while mashing the avocados.
- In another bowl, use a fork to mash avocados. Leave some chunks of avocado for texture.
- Add in the lime juice and jalapeno mixture.
- Season with cumin, black pepper, and salt.
- Check flavors, reseason if needed.
- If adding tomatoes and cilantro, add into the avocadoes with the lime juice mixture.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.