Avocado Tuna Salad is what is for lunch today! Just a little slice of heaven for me every time I make this for lunch! This is a mayo free salad that is just amazingly delicious! When prepping lunch, I always want a quick, easy and healthy lunch! So I have been making different recipes with various healthy ingredients, and one is tuna. I am not opposed to tuna salad made with mayonnaise. However, it is not always what I want to have in a salad or sandwich. So this Avocado Tuna Salad has been the pleasing meal I needed and better yet, packed with flavor and low in cholesterol and saturated fat!
The salad is one of my favorites because it is so light yet very filling. I prepare this salad with a base of lime juice and red wine vinegar. When working with any citrus juice and red onion, I always blend them first to macerate the red onion which bring out the flavor or the red onion and reduces its bitterness! I also love that I can add a variety of ingredients to this salad. Besides chopped tomato, you can add some chopped cucumber, carrots, or peppers, all would be delicious! I would love to hear any modifications to the recipe! I can never hear enough of how everyone prepares recipes!
I made my Avocado Tuna Salad and placed it back into the avocado shell! Personally, I think it looks so nice this way and my kids think I have been prepping for hours. They do not need to know this takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare! You can feel free to make a huge green salad and place the tuna salad on top. A lettuce or collard green wrap is also a favorite for me to use as the wrap for this salad! I try to avoid carbs but I don't want to hear my stomach growling in an hour! This salad is great because the tummy is always satisfied !
For those of you lovelies who are looking for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner, I hope you try this Avocado Tuna Salad! We love it in my house and I hope it becomes a family favorite for you!
I really hope you make and enjoy this recipe, and if so, please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family, and please continue connecting with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Bloglovin, Google Plus !
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Avocado Tuna Salad
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced red onion
- 18 ounces solid white tuna in water, canned
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk lime juice and red wine vinegar. Add the minced red onion and let sit for about 5 minutes while prepping other ingredients.
- Drain and discard the water from the can of tuna fish. Add to bowl with the red wine vinegar mixture.
- Add in the mashed avocado, chopped plum tomatoes. Fold ingredients together to blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve either in an avocado shell or over a green salad.
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size