Avocado Egg Toast is a delicious, nutritious and quick meal! Healthy Avocado Toast is ready in less than 15 minutes. A hearty meal that provides high fiber and protein from this easy avocado and egg toast recipe.
Get creative and add extra toppings such as tomatoes, sprouts, turkey, etc.
I must share with everyone, a healthy Avocado Egg Toast breakfast!! I am a total fan of avocado and egg recipes so combining the two is a no-brainer for me!
Breakfast is definitely the most important meal of the day! I was eating avocado toast at a lacrosse tournament and my friends said they never thought to put avocado and toast together.
The conversation got us talking about the health benefits of avocado toast. Topping the avocado toast with an egg just makes a tasty meal filled with protein.
I love avocado and incorporating it into my breakfast just makes my day start out fantastically! Avocado Egg Toast is such a simple and easy breakfast!
Super healthy, quick, and easy! Use a high fiber bread unless you are gluten-free! Then use a good gluten-free bread!
Is avocado on toast healthy?
Avocado is higher in healthy fat. However, avocados are filling so when you consume an avocado you will be fuller longer. Enjoy your avocados.
What are the health benefits of avocado?
- Great for weight loss! Healthy fats take longer for the body to break down so you are fuller, longer!
- Excellent for blood pressure: No sodium and lots of potassium which is great for keeping blood pressure low!
What type of eggs goes well in Avocado Egg Toast?
Obviously this recipe used Sunnyside eggs, poached, over-easy, and scrambled are all great choices as well.
Tips to make Avocado Egg Toast:
- Healthy whole grain and seedy bread! yes, seedy - sunflower, flax, pepitas, it's my word and I am sticking with it!
- Gluten-free, use Udi's, not an affiliate, I just love their products.
- Avocados are loaded with fiber which is great for the body.
- There are antioxidants in avocados that are helpful to eye protection.
How to make Avocado Egg Toast:
- Toast your bread of choice.
- Split and mash avocado with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Feeling crazy, add tomato and sriracha
- Heat up a non-stick skillet pan and spray with olive oil spray. To the skillet add eggs. Make either sunny-side or over-easy eggs. Poached eggs work well too! The beauty of cooking is to please yourself so feel free to make the eggs to your liking!
A few perfect pairings with Avocado Egg Toast :
Some other egg recipes you may enjoy:
Avocado Egg Toast
- 4 slices whole grain wheat bread
- 2 ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- sriracha, optional
- sliced tomato, optional
- Toast whole grain wheat bread. Set the toast on plates.
- Split avocados and remove the pits. Spoon avocado into a bowl. Add lime juice, season to your taste with salt and pepper. Mash to combine flavors. Place ¼ of the mashed avocado on each piece of toast.
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, spray olive oil cooking spray. Add each egg separately into the pan, cook for about 3-5 minutes. Season with a dash of pepper. Cover pan, let cook approximately 1 more minute to set eggs to medium. Remove each egg and add one egg on each piece of toast with mashed avocado. Ready to eat. Optional, add sriracha and sliced tomato. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to use any style of egg you prefer with this recipe.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes