This is my go to detox lemon ginger tea! I call it my detox lemon ginger cleanse! It’s filled with antioxidants, makes me feel ready for the day, plus there’s also cayenne pepper! The lemon ginger tea is a fantastic recipe and the health benefits to this tea are great! This tea is super refreshing and it can be drank hot or cold! It is a great way to jump-start the day!
As many of you regulars know, I had a stroke a few years ago. That has led to also being diagnosed with a myriad of things, including an autoimmune disease. I decided to focus on the positive! Making small changes in my diet has really helped me!
I cut out a lot of sugar and I use natural sweeteners. Rarely will I use white flour in cooking. Most importantly, I eat in moderation, exercise regularly, lost 40 pounds and continue to focus on the positive things in my life! I have to thank the hubs for the addition of ginger and cayenne to this detox tea! He tried different spices to flavor the tea and made me this Detox Lemon Ginger Green Tea while I was recuperating. Considering his entire recipe index consists of making English Muffin pizza ….the Hubs created greatness! This is now my favorite way to start the day!
One of the things I talk to my wonderful doctors about is the foods, spices and herbs that really add a nutritional benefit to our daily living.
Benefits of Drinking Detox Lemon Ginger Green Tea:
- Green Tea increases your metabolism, which helps with weight loss.
- For people with high blood pressure and cholesterol, green tea can aid in reducing both ailments.
- I have even heard its great for your skin.
- My doctors and the Hubs turned me onto cayenne pepper, a great detox. It makes you sweat and gets all the yuck out of your system. Also great for congestion so I go a little heavier with it when I feel a cold coming on! Win-win!
- Ginger is medicinal and is just amazing for the body! Anything I can add it to, makes me happy!
Combining these ingredients gives us this amazing detox tea!
This is a great recipe because you can adjust according to your likes and needs. I don’t add honey to mine. The hubs likes a little more cayenne! Feel free to play around with the ingredients!
Enjoy this fantastic tea, how about trying:
Everyday Tip – When purchasing fresh ginger, I buy it in bulk. you can easily peel the ginger, mince, grate, or chop the ginger. Place the ginger in ice-cube trays. Once frozen put into a freezer safe bag for future use!
MADE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT. TAG @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAY_EILEEN ON INSTAGRAM.
LEAVE COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS BELOW!
I’d love if you can rate the recipe after your make it! That always help
CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME ON
Detox Lemon Ginger Green Tea
- 2 cups water
- 2 bags green tea
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric optional
- 1/4 teaspoon honey or agave optional for sweetness
In a saucepan, over medium heat combine the water, green tea bags, lemon juice, chopped ginger, ground cayenne pepper, and honey or agave.
Bring to a boil, turn heat down to simmer so flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
Pour into mugs. Can drink hot or refrigerated for later.
- This is our go to tea! I tend to use loose tea or dried flowers to make my tea.I use a tea ball to hold the herb. Regular green tea bags will work also!
- Keep Vegan by either using Agave. Test drink, you may not need a sweetener. Lately, I don't sweeten at all.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.