Aperol Spritz Cocktail, a thirst quenching pretty beverage with just 3 ingredients. It’s light, refreshing and a fun cocktail.
Aperol Spritz Cocktail
A light and refreshing aperitif has a gorgeous orange color and has a flavor combination of rhubarb, orange, and herbs.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This is a light and refreshing cocktail recipe that is perfect for appetizers.
- It is super easy to prepare with just 3 ingredients.
- Everyone loves a light and refreshing cocktail
- No need to travel to Italy. Enjoy this spritz cocktail right at home.
- Lots of ice for this refreshing cocktail.
- We prefer using the Aperol brand of liquor, after all, it’s an Aperol Spritz! There are some other liquor brands out there but we suggest you stick with the namesake of the recipe.
- Prosecco is a light sparkling wine. A classic dry Prosecco is best such as La Marca
- Use your favorite sparking water or club soda.
- An orange or grapefruit slice for a garnish.
Fill 2 glasses with ice. Pour the Aperol over the ice.
Add equal parts of Prosecco and the orange slices to the wine glass.
Finish with a splash of sparkling water and enjoy!
- Measuring Cup
- Pretty Wine Glasses
- A bottle of open Aperol Liquor should be refrigerated once it is open. The open bottle keeps about 3 months in the fridge.
- When making these cocktails, they are quick and easy. Best to make and serve over ice right away.
The flavor of this cocktail is just delicious and there isn’t much need for variations.
Feel free to double or triple the recipe.
If you prefer a less boozy cocktail, add extra sparkling soda.
A grapefruit or lemon slice can be added for garnish.
Aperol is slightly bitter, if you prefer a bit less of that flavor, add more Prosecco.
A large wine glass is best to hold hold the correct ratio of ingredients.
Campari can be used but it is a bit sweeter. It also has a much higher alcohol content. So perhaps use more club soda.
Yes, it is low-carb friendly.
If you would like your cocktail lighter and less boozy, triple the club soda or sparkling water.
Aperol can be slightly bitter, a bit more Prosecco can cut the bitterness.
This delicious cocktail is perfect with small bites such as olives, nuts, and baked brie.
Grilled Eggplant Mozzarella Stacks are another wonderful choice.
Enjoy cocktails or having a party, you should try a refreshing Grapefruit Margarita. It is so good.
A skinny Pineapple Mango Margarita is another fantastic fruity cocktail that is a frozen delight.
Apple Pie Vodka is another great cocktail that is a personal favorite.
Strawberry Vodka Slushie is a fan favorite for a good reason, delish!
One of my most popular recipes is this tasty Bloody Mary! My fabulous Mom’s recipe. I miss her so much!
Experience with this recipe
I discovered the Aperol Spritz last summer. My quest was to find a fun refreshing light cocktail. Once I started experimenting with the ingredients in this cocktail I was hooked.
It is great cocktail that is just perfect by the pool. If you can get to Europe and sit at a fantastic Italian restaurant, be sure to order one.
The homemade version is just spectacular and will transport you to Italy, every time.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram with @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen.
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below.
Classic Aperol Spritz Cocktail
- ice cubes
- ¾ cup Aperol liquor
- ¾ cup Prosecco La Marca or Ruffino are two favorites
- ¼ cup club soda or sparkling water
- 2 orange slices
- Fill 2 glasses with ice.
- Pour the Aperol over the ice
- Add the Prosecco and an orange slice to the glass.
- Finish with a splash of soda or sparkling water.