Enjoy the most refreshing grapefruit margarita that has the perfect balance of sweet and sour The succulent citrus and lime flavors blend well with the tequila and triple sec. This is a home run cocktail that everyone will love. It is ready in just minutes and be sure to make a double batch and savor every sip.
Margaritas are my favorite. I’m a big fan of fruit and citrus-flavored margaritas. My Pineapple Mango Margarita is always a hit at family parties. It is time I share another family favorite, Grapefruit Margaritas. These tasty cocktails are super easy to prepare with some fresh or jarred grapefruit juice and a few other easy ingredients. Enjoy them at BBQs, cocktail parties, tailgates, and we love them with Brunch.
- Grapefruit juice: freshly squeezed or jarred.
- Tripe Sec
- Grapefruit: for garnish
- Kosher Salt: garnish the glass
How to make a grapefruit margarita
- Use a lime wedge or a little water to wet the rim of your glasses. Place kosher salt in a shallow bowl.
- Rotate the rim of your glasses in the salt.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Slice grapefruit for garnish.
- Pour tequila into your prepared salted glasses.
- Add in the triple sec and top with grapefruit juice. Serve with a grapefruit wedge.
- Use either fresh or store purchased grapefruit juice.
- In season, we use fresh grapefruit. Off-season, we use a store-purchased refrigerated juice for tasty results.
- If you prefer a sweeter margarita, add simple syrup to the drink. I suggest a teaspoon or two into one serving.
Grapefruit margaritas can be made ahead of time. Make a batch and store in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com.
- cocktail glasses: We love these for margaritas and just about any cocktail.
- shot glasses: A staple for any home bar.
Check out my store, Everyday Eileen I share all my favorite finds.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below.
- 1 lime wedge or a small amount of water Note 1
- Kosher salt
- ice cubes
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 4 ounces grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed or bottle Note 3
- grapefruit slices, optional garnish
- Use a lime wedge to rim a glass. Water can also be used on the rim of the glass.
- Place Kosher salt in a shallow and wide bowl. Rotate the rim of the glass in the salt.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the tequila into the prepared glass. Add in the triple sec and top with grapefruit juice.
- Garnish your glass with a grapefruit wedge. Serve and enjoy.