Phyllo wrapped baked brie cheese with a glaze of fig jam and crushed pecans is a delicious appetizer. It's super quick to prepare and bakes in 20 minutes. The brie is baked and the cheese is gooey and super flavorful. Served with fruits and crackers.
I don't think it is a secret that I am super passionate about the food I cook and the recipes I create! To be able to make food that my friends and family find tasty makes me quite happy.
One of his most requested snacks for our quality time is this phyllo baked brie with fig jam and pecans, to enjoy with a nice cold bottle of Wente Vineyard's Morning Fog Chardonnay. This appetizer is a crowd pleaser and so easy to prepare. The brie bakes quickly and you have a gooey cheesy appetizer topped with fig jam and pecans. We love it with fresh fruits and crackers.
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Phyllo Baked Brie with Fig Jam and Crushed Pecans
- 5 sheet frozen Phyllo dough defrosted
- ¼ light butter
- 1 round Brie
- ¼ cup fig jam
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Lay out the defrosted Phyllo dough and keep unused pieced under a sheet of plastic wrap.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and set aside.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Lay the 1st sheet of Phyllo dough on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Lightly brush with the melted butter.
- Lay second sheet of Phyllo dough on top of the first.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Place third sheet crosswise and brush with melted butter.
- Do the same to the fourth piece of Phyllo.
- Place the fifth piece crosswise again, brush with melted butter.
- Place the brie in center of the Phyllo dough.
- Top with the fig jam.
- Sprinkle the crushed pecans on top of the fig jam.
- Fold the Phyllo dough towards the center of the brie
- Brush remaining melted butter onto the Phyllo dough
- Place Phyllo wrapped brie prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for about 15 minutes to 20 minutes.
- The outside will be light brown and crispy.
- Let Brie sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with dried fruits, fresh fruits, crackers, and Italian meats
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size