How about a warm cup of fresh cleansing cranberry tea! Easy to prepare either on the stove or in the slow cooker! Add this to your weekly roster to protect your immune system! The cranberries are full of antioxidants that boost your immune system and improve your cardiovascular health! Along with many other healthy benefits!
During football season, the hubs travels every week to tape NFL football games for one of the TV networks! So between drastic changes in climate, long days, hard work…he is fighting off a really bad cold! He loves my Detox Lemon Ginger Green Tea, which is quite popular with my family and Pinterest! However, I am always looking for new ways to add deliciousness and nutrition into our diet!
I never stop researching the nutritional and health benefits of the food my family eats! Cranberries are full of antioxidants. They do wonders for your immune system and help with lowering and maintaining your cholesterol levels! My family loves cranberries! For my Thanksgiving cooking, I had an abundance of cranberry in the fridge! Based on my research of the wonderful benefits of cranberry, I thought why not make a tea! It becomes a cleansing tea because of all the health benefits from the cranberries! Perfect for the hubs welcome home/feel better drink!
As always, this is an easy recipe! It takes about less than 5 minutes to put the ingredients into the pot. This recipe works for both the stove top and slow cooker! I combine fresh cranberries, orange juice, lime juice, turbinado sugar, cinnamon sticks, mint, and whole cloves. It simmer for about an hour and then you have the most delicious and healthy tea!
Everyday Tip: Once the tea has simmered for about an hour. Strain the cranberry mixture through a mesh sieve or cheesecloth. The extra cranberry is great added to a smoothie like Cranberry Orange Smoothie! Add the cranberry to a muffin or bread recipe! I am not a fan of wasting food!
What are your favorite tea combos?
I hope you follow my food pics on Instagram ! When you make one of my recipes, post to Instagram and tag #everydayeileen so I can see what you made! I will share your photos too!
I hope you like this recipe! Please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Cleansing Cranberry Tea
- 2 ½ quarts cold water
- 12 ounce fresh cranberries rinsed
- ½ cup turbinado sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 oranges juiced ( keep the orange rind to add to the simmering tea)
- 1 lime juiced ( keep the lime rind to add to the simmering tea)
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 4 sprigs of mint
- cheesecloth and butcher twine
- slice Optional garnish: orange cinnamon stick, slice of ginger
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the cold water, cranberries, turbinado sugar, orange juice, and lime juice.
- In a swatch of cheesecloth, add the whole cloves, mint sprigs, orange rind, and lime rind. Tie the cheesecloth closed with butcher twine and place in the cranberry water.
- Bring the cranberry mixture to a boil, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer cranberry mix for about 30 minutes. You will hear the cranberries pop as it simmers.
- Remove and discard the citrus/spice bag.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and strain the cranberry mixture through a sieve, reserve your liquid for tea.
- Adjust sweetness to your families preference.
- *Cranberry mixture can be used for addition to breads, muffins, or smoothies.
- Serve the tea warm with either a slice of orange, cinnamon stick, slice of ginger.
- Keep tea in a plastic container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Reheat a cup when ready for a hot cup of tea!
* I have made this with frozen cranberries and results are just perfect
*If using a slow-cooker, cook on low for 4 hours!
*Please note, nutritional values are an estimate. Indiviual ingredients may vary and any adjustments can affect the nutritional count.
*Some of my adults relatives,add a little whiskey to their cranberry tea for a festive libation.(wink, wink)
Serving Size 125 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 57Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1g0%
Total Carbohydrates 12.8g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3g5%
Vitamin A 1% • Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 1% • Iron 3%
Nutrition Grade A
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet