A Fresh Cranberry Orange Smoothie is a delicious smoothie to enjoy in the morning or an after workout snack! Have a lot of cranberries, make a Cranberry Smoothie! This tasty smoothie is a great way to use leftover cranberries or cranberry relish for a healthy treat!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and now its Holiday celebrations and shopping time for the duration of this busy time of year! It’s such a hectic season, besides Holiday parties filled with cocktails, appetizers, baked cookies, everyone is so busy and eating on the go! What better than a nutritious Cranberry Smoothie to fill your belly.
I love cranberries and really overdosed buying for #cranberry week and Thanksgiving! Freezing cranberries is always great to save them to use all winter. Use fresh cranberries to make muffins, bread, and crisps throughout the winter. Clearly, I love cranberry and orange together and I needed to detox after all those yummy Thanksgiving calories! Thus we have this fabulous Cranberry Orange Smoothie!
FAQs about Cranberry Smoothie:
Can fresh or frozen cranberries be used to make a cranberry smoothie?
Either fresh or frozen cranberries can be used to make this smoothie.
I have leftover cranberry relish and cranberry sauce, can either be added to the cranberry smoothie?
Leftover cranberry relish, make a cranberry smoothie. Make this smoothie with 1/2 cup of cranberry relish in lieu of fresh cranberries and it was delicious! I have yet to try cranberry sauce in this smoothie. Feel free to give it a try and start with 1/3 cup cranberry sauce since it is sweet.
What are the nutritional facts about cranberries?
This article gives a lot of useful info if you are looking for in-depth nutritional info about cranberries.
- Cranberries are in the blueberry family.
- They are 90% water and high in carbs and fiber. Great for distance running training.
- Adding cranberries into your diet is a great way to stay on a heart-healthy dietary plan.
- Cranberries can help in the prevention of urinary tract infections.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more!) We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com
I also have a store where I am always updating great finds for not just cooking, I hope you check it out here, Everyday Eileen I will continue to update it regularly! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Thank you so very much for being apart of Everyday Eileen!
Tools You May Need to Make Cranberry Smoothie:
- Ninja Mega Kitchen System: I believe many of you regulars know how much I have loved having this blender!
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup: Use pure maple syrup, no high fructose, pure and delicious!
Tips to Make a Cranberry Smoothie:
- To make freezer packs, freeze the o.j. in ice-cube trays.
- Place the cranberries on a sheet pan and place in freezer for about an hour.
- Label freezer bag with the title and addition of almond milk, turmeric and agave.
- Place 2-3 frozen cubes of o.j and the cranberries into the bag.
- Makes great freezer ready smoothie packs with the orange and cranberries!
Like this recipe, here are a few others you should try:
How to Make a Cranberry Smoothie:
- Into a blender, add almond milk, cranberries or left-over cranberry relish, orange juice, and turmeric.
- Blend well.
- Test for sweetness, add sweetener of choice, blend, test flavors, adjust if needed.
- Enjoy your smoothie
It’s always awesome seeing your recreations of my recipes! When you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram #everydayeileen or @everyday_eileen
I love any comments or questions!
Please feel free to leave them below!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TO GET WEEKLY UPDATES!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
This recipe was originally shared December 2015. Update 11/2018
Like this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating and comment below is always helpful for me and other readers.
Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup cranberries or leftover cranberry relish see Note 1
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp agave or sweetener of choice optional, Note 2
- Add the unsweetened almond milk, cranberries, orange juice, and turmeric. Blend well!
- Add sweetener of juice, blend well, taste for flavor. Adjust sweetness if needed. Drink and enjoy.
- Note 1: I had some leftover cranberry relish and I used about 1/2 cup of the relish in place of fresh cranberries and wow, delicious!
- Note 2: For a sweetener, use your favorite, I usually use 100% maple syrup or coconut sugar. Stevia works well too. Use honey of not following a vegan diet.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.