Whether it is Thanksgiving, Christmas or any event, enjoy an easy delicious and quick dessert, this amazing Apple Cranberry Crisp! #cranberryweek
As #cranberryweek continues, I planned out my recipes for the week! I have already shared Easy Cranberry Orange Muffins and Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast. As the week continues, today is a favorite dessert of my families! Today, I share my Apple Cranberry Crisp! I make a mean, not really mean, but if I may say, a delicious Apple Pie! Not that I want Apple Pie to take over this post, but many who eat my pie, tell me they don't have the time to make a pie crust! Yes,I still consider them friends...I love making pie crust...that is a whole different subject. This brings me back to this amazing Apple Cranberry Crisp! Fresh apples and cranberries make an amazing base for this crisp!
Making a crisp is super easy and when making any meal, a fruit crisp is always an easy dessert! When Thanksgiving and Christmas come around, this Apple Cranberry Crisp is a perfect dessert to serve or bring to a family or Friendsgiving event! You get all the fabulous flavors of an apple pie but with little work! A perfect dessert for any night but for the Holidays, fabulous! All those flavors without a lot of work!
Tips to make Apple Cranberry Crisp:
- cut the apples in 1 inch slices. This prevents mushy fruit as it cooks.
- You can swap out and use Gluten-free flour and the flavors are the same.
- Make ahead and cover with foil and serve the next day.
- You can use frozen cranberries in lieu of fresh with same results
I love that this crisp gives powerful flavors and I top with whip cream or vanilla ice cream and everyone is happy! So you don't enjoy making pies and want the homemade feel, this is for you. You are a home cook and are over-burdebed with dishes, this is a quick fix homemade dessert that is always a crowd pleaser!
See all the other recipes being shared today as part of Cranberry week. Plus follow #cranberryweek for all the tasty cranberry creations:
- Apple Cranberry Crisp from Everyday Eileen
- Cranberry Apple Jam from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Chicken from Frugal Pantry
- Banana Cranberry Pistachio Muffins with Chocolate Glaze from The Crumby Kitchen
- Cranberry Pound Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Tandoori Chicken from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes from Jonesin' For Taste
- Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake from A Day In The Life On the Farm
- Sparkling Bay Breeze from Family Around The Table
You may also enjoy these tasty desserts:
Apple Cranberry Crisp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Have a 9 by 12 baking pan ready.
- In a large bow, combine and mix well, apples, cranberries, turbinado sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon zest. Pour these ingredients into the baking dish.
In a medium bowl, stir oats, flour, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Blend in the softened butter. The oat mixture should be a course mix.
- Sprinkle the oat/flour mix over all the fruit. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake about 35 minutes. Then remove foil, bake for another 5 minutes. to crisp the top and fruit will be soft.
- Remove from oven. Serve with either fresh vanilla ice cream or whip cream. Crisp can keep in the fridge, covered for about 4 days.
I hope you pin this recipe to your favorite PINTEREST BOARD and follow me on PINTEREST! I'm always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers!
I hope you enjoy making this tasty Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast! I'd love to hear from you in the comments!
I hope you follow my recipes on:
Sign up for our newsletter to get weekly updates!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!