I have the fondest memories of Sunday Pot Roast that my Mom and Grandma always made when I was a wee one! This amazing Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast is a tasty spin that is both slightly sweet and savory! Low-carb #cranberryweek
As we continue #cranberryweek, I am enjoying sharing some of my favorite cranberry recipes! Monday, I shared my yummy Easy Cranberry Orange Muffins If you missed the recipe, check it out, delish!
As my mantra goes, I am a believer in easy meals! Especially with my youngest daughters busy schedule! As most of us are, I am going all day long. Between writing, cooking and after school sports,I need to prepare easy dinners When the family gets home, they are extremely hungry! We joke and call it hangry, because they are so hungry, they are almost angry! Not really, but it is fun to say, haha! That said, pot roast is such an easy meal to make and perfect for the winter months!
Pot roast has always been a favorite of mine family! Years ago, I began experimenting with new flavors to make pot roast! I grew up with a classic pot roast and my Mom and Grandma always added cream of mushroom soup! These days, I try and stay away from canned soup because of the preservatives and sodium. Let it be known, no cream of whatever soup is involved in the making of this recipe! I played around with some wine and fruit is always a meat tenderizer, thus Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast was made! My family mainly made this in the oven low-heat and slow-cook. Today, the slow cooker is so easy to use and great for any dinner.
Tips on making Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast:
- Sear the meat and add the beef broth to the pot will get all the crispies at the bottom of pot for flavor to add to slow cooker.
- With that said, I have on occasion, added the meat directly to the slow cooker when short on time. Flavor is awesome! I just prefer searing.
- This can be made in the oven as well. Sear the meat on the stove and add the liquid. Then braise in 325 degree oven for about 4 hours.
- I prefer fresh cranberries. If you don’t have any on hand, canned whole cranberry sauce can be used.
- Feel free to add in potatoes and veggies to the slow cooker, if a one pot meal is on your menu.
Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast
- 4 pound bottom round roast
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and chopped ½ inch thick
- 2 stalks celery, chopped ½ inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 ounce low-sodium beef broth
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounce fresh cranberries
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the beef with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a Dutch Oven or stockpot over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sear the meat on all sides. Approximately 5-10 minutes. Remove meat and set aside. If needed, add the second teaspoon of olive oil. Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Brown them slightly about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and saute another minute.
- To the pot add the beef broth. stir to get the browned pieces from the bottom of the pot to combine flavors, about 2 - 3 minutes. Turn heat off the pot.
- To the slow cooker, add the Marsala wine, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, thyme, and bay leaf. Stir together. Carefully add the seared beef and all the ingredients from the stock pot. Add the cranberries.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Meat should be tender and slice easily. Serve over mashed cauliflower, mashed potatoes, or egg noodles.
- Feel free to add potatoes to the crock pot if you prefer a one-pot meal.
- Can be cooked in the oven. After step 3. Place the Dutch oven with the lid on pot into a preheated oven at a temperature of 325 degrees. Cook for about 4-5 hours depending on the size of your roast.
- Can be made ahead in either crock pot or Dutch oven and reheated.
- I have made and frozen in freezer bags for make ahead meals. I defrost and reheat in the oven at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size.
Enjoy this Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast! See all the other recipes being shared today as part of Cranberry week – follow #cranberryweek for all the tasty cranberry creations:
- Butternut Squash Wild Rice Salad with Cranberries and Fennel from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad Wraps from Family Around The Table
- Cranberry Cheeseball by The Freshman Cook
- Jellied Cranberry Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Cobbler from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Gremolata from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast from Everyday Eileen
- Cranberry Orange Relish from Books n’ Cooks
- Orange Cranberry Sweet Rolls from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pear Holly Cocktail from Bear & Bug Eats
- Roasted Green Beans with Cranberries from Making Miracles
- Slow Cooker Cranberry BBQ Chicken from Jonesin’ For Taste
- White Cheddar and Cranberry Dip from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies from House of Nash Eats
Don’t have time to make it today, pin for later here:
I hope you pin this recipe to your favorite PINTEREST BOARD and follow me on PINTEREST! I’m always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers!
I hope you enjoy making this tasty Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast! I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
I hope you follow my recipes on:
Sign up for our newsletter to get weekly updates!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!