Looking for a delicious breakfast or easy dinner filled with veggies and ready in no time, here it is! Healthy Veggie Egg Scramble! Loaded with veggies and scrambled with eggs, ready in less than 30 minutes! #lowcarb #keto #vegetarian
As we continue to focus on healthy low-carb meals for January, I have to share one of my favorite veggie breakfasts! Now scrambled eggs is a no-brainer but we often forget that healthy vegetables are awesome with scrambled eggs. My favorite Healthy Veggie Egg Scramble is a perfect combo of veggies and eggs providing a great amount of protein!v This is also a great way to get added veggies into your meal. As a huge breakfast fan, this is a great combo of veggies! I use a bevy of my favorite veggies, feel free to adjust any veggies to your favorites!
I also call this veggie scramble, my clean out the fridge meal! This egg scramble can use veggies in the fridge that need to be cooked. Those veggies can go into making this Healthy Veggie Egg Scramble! My base vegetables are usually broccoli, mushrooms and peppers, because I love them! Feel free to change-up the veggies to your favorites or what is in the fridge!
Tips on making the best Healthy Veggie Egg Scramble:
- Using the whole egg is the norm as I am looking for a hearty meal with protein and veggies.
- Cut Cholesterol by using half egg whites and whole eggs.
- Adjust vegetables by what is in fridge or your favorites.
- Make a large quantity. Split into 3 containers to reheat during the week for a quick and healthy breakfast.
- When making the scramble, let the eggs settle for a minute. Then push eggs forward and gently fold over.
- Once eggs are just about done, transfer to plate and they continue to cook one more minute.
Other tasty breakfast recipes you may enjoy :
Healthy Veggie Egg Scramble
A tasty and quick meal filled with your favorite veggies that are scrambled with eggs. Feel free to adjust the veggies to your favorites. You can also swap egg whites for some of the eggs to reduce cholesterol! Ready in 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced orange pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 6 large eggs see note below
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- butter flavored cooking spray
- grated cheddar cheese, optional
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat spray the non-stick cooking spray. Add to skillet broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, and orange pepper. Saute about 5 minutes until the veggies begin are soft. Add in the spinach and cook another 2 minutes to wilt spinach.
While the veggies are sauteing,in a medium mixing bowl add the eggs, milk, pepper and salt. Whisk to completely blend the eggs. The longer the eggs are whisked, the fluffier they are when cooked.
Add the egg mixture to the veggies. Let cook about 1 minute until eggs begin to set. Push the eggs towards the center of pan and gently fold over. Tilt pan slightly to allow the liquids to cook through. Continue to do this until the eggs are just about set. If adding cheese, do so now. Remove from heat and let rest one minute. Serve and enjoy
- You can use egg whites in lieu of some of the egg for 1 egg use 2 eggs whites.
- If making for meal prep, separate into 3 food storage containers and either microwave to heat or reheat in oven at 350 for about 5 minutes in an oven safe bowl.
- The cheese is not added into the nutritional guide as it is optional
- The nutritional guide is based on 6 eggs.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
I LOVE SEEING AND SHARING YOUR CREATIONS! MADE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT. TAG @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAY_EILEEN
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!
ANY QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE RECIPE,
ASK ME BELOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION !
I’d love if you can rate the recipe after your make it! That always help me!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
Pin to make later: