Zucchini Tomato Eggplant Bake is a perfect recipe to use those amazing garden vegetables. A one-pot wonder eggplant zucchini bake that is perfect for a meatless meal.
The yummy veggies are topped with low-fat mozzarella and Parmesan-Reggiano and you have this amazing low-carb vegetarian meal.
Looking for specifics on the recipe? Use the table of contents to click on sections of the recipe.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This vegetable bake is a favorite go-to, use up my favorite garden veggies in a tasty dinner.
- An awesome combination of diced eggplant topped with a fresh zucchini and tomato bake.
- This low-carb Zucchini Tomato Eggplant Bake is loaded with veggies and gives a little extra treat with the cheesy goodness as a topping.
🧾 Ingredient List
- olive oil
- yellow onion
- dried oregano
- low-fat fresh mozzarella cheese
- yellow zucchini
- green zucchini
- beefsteak tomatoes
- dried basil
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. In an oven-safe skillet, heat olive oil and diced onions.
Step 2: Mix in eggplant and saute to soften, 5 minutes.
Step 3: To the pan, add oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Saute 3 minutes. Spread the eggplant evenly in the pan.
Step 4: Remove from heat. Top with mozzarella.
Step 5: Spread the zucchini and tomato over the eggplant mixture.
Step 6: Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
Step 7: Top the eggplant mixture with Parmesan cheese and basil.
Place back in the oven to melt the cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
👩🏻🍳 Eileen's Tips for Success
- Cut each vegetable type the same so they cook evenly.
- Be sure to wash and dry vegetables before cooking.
📋 Frequently Asked Questions
Any tomatoes will work, feel free to use what is in the garden or what is fresh at your market. Yellow or orange tomatoes would also be perfect for this recipe.
We tend to use Roma tomatoes or beefsteak tomatoes for this veggie bake.
While the eggplant can be prepared with or without the peel. My family prefers without the peel. You can leave the skin on and it's also nutritious.
For the zucchini, leaving the skin on is best for presentation.
This is an easy zucchini tomato bake. The less work, the better for you.
Of course, any cheese that you prefer or any dairy-free options can be used to make this recipe.
Do you want to change up this recipe? Here are some ways that you increase the flavor of this dish.
Eggplant: I get this a lot, I love eggplant but not everyone does, I would suggest portobello mushrooms, butternut squash, or tofu.
❄️ Make ahead, storage, and freezer tips
Make Ahead: You can make the full recipe and reheat later in the day.
This zucchini tomato bake is also delicious at room temperature.
🥣 Serving Suggestions
This is a great main entree and can be served with a warm loaf of French bread to dip into the juices.
Yeast rolls would be a great side for this veggie bake.
Air Fryer biscuits would be another choice that is easy to prepare.
Double up on zucchini and make these zucchini drop biscuits.
🍽 Similar recipes
Easy Gazpacho is another favorite that is loaded with veggie goodness.
Slow Cooker Eggplant is a vegetarian favorite for my family. So easy to make as well.
Next time, try Cauliflower Tabbouleh for another vegetarian dish.
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Zucchini Wedges are always a hit.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Zucchini Tomato Eggplant Bake
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, large peeled and cubed into 1 -inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6-8 slices low-fat fresh mozzarella cheese sliced ¼ inch
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced, about ½ inch thick
- 1 green zucchini, sliced, about ½ inch thick
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced about ½ inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F/218°C.
- In a 10-inch round oven-safe pan, over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Saute the onion about 1 -2 minutes to sweat the onions.
- Add the cubed eggplant and stir frequently until they are soft about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic, oregano, season to taste with salt and pepper, continue to stir another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with the low-fat mozzarella cheese slices.
- Top the eggplant/cheese mixture with the zucchini and tomatoes, alternate the veggies to cover the eggplant.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Top the vegetables with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Place back in the oven until cheese melts, about 2 minutes
- Ready to serve. Can also be served at room temperature.
- Use heirloom tomatoes or yellow tomatoes when in season.
I'm not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.