Air Fryer Biscuits are so light and fluffy. A very easy homemade recipe that takes 30 minutes, start to finish. The results give a golden brown crust that you can top with butter or jam. Buttermilk adds the perfect amount of flavor and tang to these yummy treats. These from scratch biscuits will be a great addition to any meal.
Air Fryer Biscuits
Biscuits are one of those things that completes a dinner. They are a favorite of my families and I make them a lot. Using the air fryer to make this recipe is one easy task. Since there is no yeast in the dough, they are super fast to form and bake.
The dough becomes golden brown and the entire process takes about 35 minutes, start to finish.
When it comes to baking, stick to the recipe as it is more of a science. I don’t suggest replacing any of the ingredients except for the buttermilk. If you do not have access to buttermilk, combine milk with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or white vinegar.
Step by Step Instructions
Combine the dry ingredients. Add in the cold butter, use a pastry cutter or your fingers mix them together. The flour will have tiny bits of butter through it.
- Use a wooden spoon to gently stir the dough. Mix the buttermilk into the dough until it begins to combine.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface. Gently knead the dough a couple of times until smooth.
- Flatten dough to 1 ½ inch thick.
- Using a wide mouth mason jar or biscuit cutters to cut biscuits. Re-knead and flatten excess dough for more biscuits.
- Place the biscuits in the air fryer. Brush the top with melted butter. Air fry at 370°F for 5 minutes for each side.
Serve and enjoy the biscuits.
- Be sure your butter is very cold so the biscuits form well.
- When forming the biscuits, if the dough gets too warm, place the dough in the fridge for a few minutes to get cold again.
- Be sure not to overwork the dough so you have light and fluffy biscuits.
- When air frying the biscuits, give them space in the basket so they don’t bake into each other.
- The biscuits are also freezer friendly.
Once the biscuits are made, they can be kept for about 3 days. They can be reheated in the air fryer for just a few minutes. The biscuits are freezer friendly. They can keep in the freezer for about 3 months. Defrost overnight or remove from the freezer and reheat at 340°F until warm.
Another favorite in the air fryer are these cheesy, Air Fryer Mozzarella Medallions.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuits
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt..
- Add the cold butter to flour mixture. Use your hands or a pastry cutter to massage the butter into the flour.
- Gently stir buttermilk into the butter/flour mix.
- Once the dough begins to stick together, turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Knead the dough a couple of times until smooth. Flatten the dough to 1½ inch thick.
- Use biscuit cutters or a wide mouth mason jar to punch out the biscuits. Re-knead and flatten excess dough for more biscuits.
- Place biscuits in air fryer basket, brush tops with melted butter and cook at 370°F, 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with any of your favorite meals.