Wait until you taste these crispy, tender, and juicy breaded pork chops made in 15 minutes in the air fryer. Absolutely mouthwatering flavor-filled pork that will have you thanking the creator of the air fryer. A must-make recipe for a quick dinner fix.
My love of pork recipes run deep runs deep. Pork chops and Sauerkraut and Instant Pork Tenderloin are two of my most popular recipes. For those who follow along on my insta-stories on Instagram know I received a much-wanted air fryer for Christmas. This is the first of many air fryer recipes I will be sharing.
boneless pork chops: 5 ounces each.
Italian flavored bread crumbs: gives a crispy crunchy exterior to the pork.
egg: to dip the chops into so bread crumbs adhere to the meat.
salt and pepper: season the egg wash for flavor.
olive oil spray: prevents chops from sticking to the air fryer.
Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
Why this recipe works:
- The bread crumbs add a crispy exterior to the chops.
- The air fryer makes a healthier choice for cooking the pork without adding oil.
- Pork is a lean and good choice for a tasty dinner.
What temperature should pork be when cooking is complete?
As per USDA Food and Safety, pork chops should be cooked to a minimum of 145°F. Use an instant-read thermometer to check the internal temperature of cooked meat.
Can I use a bone-in chop for this recipe?
Absolutely,bone-in chops may need another 2-3 minutes cooking time.
Can egg whites be used in lieu of egg for a lower calorie count?
Sure. I keep a carton of egg whites in the fridge and often use them to for an egg wash. It is a lower cholesterol choice.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe?
My air fryer does an auto preheat. Follow your manufacturer's instructions if it needs a preheat time.
Tips to make the most delicious pork chops:
- Don't stack the pork chops in the air fryer basket. Spread them out to cook.
- Depending on your air fryer, flipping the food at the halfway cooking time is best for the crispiest results.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Shop This Recipe:
- Power Air Fryer 360 Max: I cannot tell you how much I love this air fryer. From rotisserie chicken and roasts to turkeys, the best air fryer I've used.
- Instaread thermometer: A must-have for an accurate temperature reading of food.
Don’t forget to shop at the Everyday Eileen store on Amazon!
Variations to Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops:
- Gluten-free bread crumbs can be used.
- ½ cup panko and ½ cup Italian flavored bread crumbs.
- Add ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs.
Sides to pair with these tasty chops:
- Keep the crispiness going and enjoy crispy oven-roasted potatoes as a side dish.
- Oven-roasted corn on the cob is a delicious and easy accompaniment.
- Lemon Garlic Roasted asparagus is always a perfect side dish.
- Weight Watchers Caesar Salad is a great choice for a light side.
- Kristen, who writes Yellow Bliss Road has a fabulous recipe for roasted purple potatoes that is a fantastic pairing too.
How to make Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
- Make an egg wash and dip pork cutlets into the egg wash and Italian flavored bread crumb.
- Cook pork chops at 400°F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below!
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Crispy Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, boneless, 5 ounces each
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Spray air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Prepare the cutlets.
- In a bowl whisk egg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add Italian flavored bread crumbs.
- Dip the chops into the egg wash, then into flavored bread crumbs.
- Place the seasoned pork chop into the prepared air fryer basket. Spritz with olive oil spray. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Cook the pork chops for about 6 minutes, flip the chops. Spritz again with olive oil spray and cook another 6 minutes. Internal temperature of pork should be 145°.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.
- Don't stack the meat in the air fryer basket. Spread them out to cook.
- I'm not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes