This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HogWildThrowdown #CollectiveBias
Smithfield Extra Tender Back Ribs grilled with a tasty barbecue sauce made with fresh blueberries and smoked chipotles makes an amazing barbecue sauce. Smithfield® makes delicious baby back ribs and with this delicious blend of sweet blueberries and spicy and smokey chipotle, everyone will be happy!
I have a weakness and I am not afraid to say it, I love a delicious grilled pork rib! At the beginning of the spring season, I shared a delicious recipe using my all-time favorite brand of pork, Smithfield®! I made a super tasty and extremely popular recipe for BBQ Pork Ribs with Spicy Dry Rub! So many people have sent me messages about entering the Hog Wild Smithfield Throwdown for a chance to win great prizes! Super excited to say, that contest is still going strong and I hope everyone enters!
My family and I love a delicious meal and if I can grill it in these dog days of summer, even better! We are in prime blueberry season and I am always looking to use seasonal produce! I was in Walmart last week and they had the most beautiful blueberries, so I had to pick some up! Then, I was in the fresh meat department and there was my favorite, Smithfield® Ribs!
When I grill ribs, I always use charcoal and specifically I use Kingsford Charcoal because their charcoal burns well and I never have an issue grilling! Best of all, I buy my charcoal at Walmart, one-stop shopping!
In my recipe post for BBQ Pork Ribs with Spicy Dry Rub I have a detailed tutorial about how I grill my ribs! I receive a lot of positive feedback from people who thought grilling ribs was difficult and using my method and using Smithfield Ribs, they find grilling ribs easy! I hope you check out the detailed tutorial. In a nutshell, I set an aluminum pan in the center of the grill and I fill it with water. The water in the pan catches any drippings from the ribs so there are no flare ups and the ribs don’t burn. I put the charcoal on either side of the pan and light the charcoal. I like to cook with a temperature around 275-300 degrees!
I made these ribs quite a few times and have decided they are super delicious with a very simple combination of seasoning the ribs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. The blueberry chipotle sauce is a fantastic combination of sweet and spicy and this is now by far, one of my absolute favorite sauces! Both the ribs and the blueberry chipotle sauce are both easy to prepare and we love the combination!
The sauce is perfect for my Smithfield® Ribs! I love Smithfield® products because they hand trim their ribs and they are so tender and juicy! So even someone just learning to grill will WOW their family and friends with Smithfield® ! Trust me, Smithfield® Ribs are the secret weapon for making great ribs on the grill!
Hog Wild Smithfield Showdown contest is in full swing! Smithfield® has partnered with celebrity grill talent Moe Cason and Tuffy Stone for the past two years are brand ambassadors for this event. There are fantastic prizes including two Ford F-150’s and you can vote for your favorite recipe and check out their grilling tips!
Check out this great recipe by celebrity pit master Tuffy Stone! He also uses the indirect cooking method and uses the pan filled with water, my kind of guy!
I hope everyone follows Smithfield® on social media to get great tips, and product information. Here are their links:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/smithfieldbrand
I hope you enjoy this tasty recipe for Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Baby Back ribs as much as my family loves it! Don’t forget to get your Ibotta Rebate at Walmart to purchase your Smithfield® Ribs! Don’t forget to vote in the Hog Wild Smithfield Showdown!
Pin this recipe to your BBQ, Main Dishes, or Grilling Pinterest Board! I’d love it if you followed me on Pinterest! I’m always pinning fabulous ideas and recipes from my favorite bloggers!
When you make one of my recipes, tag it on Instagram with #everydayeileen so I can see what you are making I will share it too!
I hope you like this recipe, and if so, please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family, and please continue connecting with me on Facebook , Twitter, Bloglovin, Google Plus !
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
I would love to hear your favorite grilled pork recipes! What is your favorite barbecue sauce?
Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Blueberry Chipotle Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 cup ketchup, preferably low-salt
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, and salt. Lay the aluminum foil flat on a counter and place ribs in center of foil. Liberally cover the ribs with the seasoning. Cover the ribs with the foil. Let set in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Prepare a charcoal grill, use an aluminum pan filled with water in the center of grill and charcoal briquettes around the pan. Tutorial in the blog post.
- Place the ribs on the grill rack above the aluminum pan filled with water. They will indirectly cook. Flip the ribs every half hour.
- Ribs should be done in about 2 hours. During last 10 minutes of cooking apply the Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce.
- Ribs are done when temperature of meat is 180 degrees. Can also use a toothpick on thickest section of meat and it should go through easily.
- Blueberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- In a saucepan, over medium heat add the olive oil.
- Add in the onions and stir occasionally until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add in the fresh blueberries, ketchup, cider vinegar, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, molasses, ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir occasionally for about 25 minutes.
- Check the seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Remove from heat and let sauce cool.
- Place the sauce in a blender and blend until smooth. Be careful with warm ingredients in blender.
- Use the sauce on the baby back ribs. There will be extra sauce. The extra sauce can be frozen for a later date.
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size