Grilled Dijon Lime Chicken is a delicious recipe for a tasty grilled chicken marinade. I use a healthy chicken marinade made with Dijon mustard, lime juice, garlic and fresh cilantro. The marinade adds amazing flavor and makes the most delicious and juicy grilled Dijon Lime Chicken. Chicken breasts are great on their own, over a salad, with pasta, or zoodles…I could go on and on with the possibilities. Dijon Lime Chicken is a great make-ahead low-carb chicken dish for lunches or dinner.
Dijon Lime marinade is a healthy chicken marinade that is keto and low-calorie. Grilled lime chicken is a favorite of mine because it is just so darn easy to make and its perfect for poultry. I use this same marinade for veggie kabobs, delicious!. The grilled chicken marinade has a nice tang from the Dijon mustard, lime juice, and cider vinegar and a freshness from cilantro.
One of my favorite affordable purchases is chicken breast. I love when the chicken is on sale. Do yourselves a favor, stock up on chicken when it is on sale. Buy the chicken in bulk and get them ready for all sorts of meals. I cut up chicken for all types of meals like Citrus Kebobs, Low Carb Lemon Chicken Piccata, and these yummy Cilantro Lime Chicken. I also grind some of the chicken for burgers!
Can the Dijon Lime Chicken Marinade be frozen with the chicken breasts?
Buy chicken in bulk and get some meals prepped and frozen to cook at a later date. Prep this Dijon chicken ahead of time and add the marinade to chicken breasts and freeze. As the chicken defrosts the marinade infuses the chicken and the grill very well!
How long does Grilled Lime Chicken take to cook on the grill?
This chicken recipe is best grilled over medium heat, around 400 degrees. Grilled chicken should be cooked through in about 10 – 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken. When the chicken is cooked through, the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees.
What are some side dishes that would go well with any Grilled Chicken Recipe?
Keep your meal low-carb with:
Some other sides to enjoy with Grilled Dijon Lime Chicken are:
How to Make Dijon Lime Cilantro Marinade:
- In a bowl combine garlic, diced onion, Dijon mustard, cumin powder, Cilantro, honey, salt, pepper, olive oil. Mix well.
- Trim the chicken breasts of any excess fat and pound to about 1 inch thick. Place the chicken and marinade into a large plastic bag with an easy seal. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to 500 degrees ready to grill, then reduce heat to 400 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from marinade, discard marinade.
- Place chicken on the grill for about 4 minutes. Move chicken about 30 degrees to make criss-cross marks. Continue cooking for about 3 more minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 4 minutes. Check the internal temperature. Chicken is cooked through when the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
LOVE SEEING AND SHARING YOUR CREATIONS! WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT. TAG @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAY_EILEEN
I love any comments or questions, please leave below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Grilled Dijon Lime Chicken
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts *see note 1
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoons grapeseed oil can use any oil
- 1 large lime, zested
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
How To Make the Grilled Dijon Lime Marinade
- Trim fat from chicken and slice the cutlets to thin them out, should have around 5 cutlets
- In a medium bowl, add minced garlic, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, fresh cilantro, grapeseed oil, raw honey, lime zest, lime juice, ground cumin, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt/ pepper (to taste).
- Place the chicken and the marinade in a large storage bag to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. I like to do this the night before grilling to let the flavors blend. In a pinch - shorter marinating time works.
How to Grill Dijon Lime Chicken
- Spray grill with non-stick spray to prevent chicken from sticking to the grill. Preheat grill to 500 degrees and reduce to 400 degrees when ready to add the chicken to the grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the bag of marinade. Wipe chicken with a paper towel before placing on the grill. Place chicken on the grill for about 4- 6 minutes and then flip to the other side of chicken cook another 2- 4 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees.
- Remove from the grill, slice chicken and serve. Grilled chicken can be kept well covered in the fridge for about 3 days.
- Note 1: If cutlets are very thick, slice in half so cutlets are about ½ inch thick before grilling. Paleo/Whole30 use grass-fed poultry.
- Cooked chicken can be frozen for future use in salads and wraps for about 3-5 months.
- Weight Watcher Points: 6 Smart Points
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Pin Grilled Dijon Lime Chicken to make any time: