Okay folks – get ready to never buy store-bought salad dressing again! Don’t be disappointed, this is not made with champagne, but with champagne vinegar! Don’t worry, you are saving those extra calories so you can , if so inclined have that glass of champagne!! I know it is a convenience to use store-bought salad dressing! Seriously though, this dressing takes literally 5 minutes and is super delicious, healthy and lo-calorie!
The huge benefit to making your own vinaigrette:
- Controlling your ingredients allows you to lower fat and calories.
- Buying vinegars and oil in bulk at food warehouse stores is very cost effective.
- You are eating real food. No preservatives and things you can’t spell or identify the ingredients on a bottle.
- Feel free to add in extra ingredients to any homemade vinaigrette to benefit your health. ie: tahini, chia seeds, flax turmeric.
This champagne vinaigrette is super yum on salads, grains, veggies, and you can even use as a marinade for chicken or any meat you choose! I always make this with Kale and Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates! Truly one of the best combo’s around is that pairing. However, we do keep this vinaigrette in the fridge because it is great with any salad. I love it with tomatoes and cucumbers in the summer too!
How to Make Easy and Tasty Champagne Vinaigrette:
- Use a blender to blend ingredients because it gives the salad dressing a light, fluffy, creamy consistency! Yet I am not using any cream!
- Avocado oil is my favorite for this dressing! It has more antioxidants than olive oil and more Vitamin E. I love it with salads.
- I use agave as a sweetener. I haven’t used pure maple syrup in this yet. If not vegan, use honey if agave is not available.
- This is an easy dump salad dressing. All ingredients go into blender. Blend well. Refrigerate till ready to eat.
- Store in the fridge for about 5-6 days if it lasts that long.
ONCE YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE THE SEE IT. TAKE A PIC AND TAG ME @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAYEILEEN
LEAVE ANY COMMENTS, QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE RECIPE BELOW IN THE COMMENTS!
I’D LOVE IF YOU CAN RATE THE RECIPE AFTER YOU MAKE IT! THAT’S ALWAYS APPRECIATED
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil olive oil can be used
- ⅔ cup champagne vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave or sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
Combine chopped shallots, champagne vinegar, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, agave, ground black pepper, salt into the blender. Blend for about 1 minute.
While blender running, slowly add the avocado oil.
Check seasoning, adjust if necessary.
Serve over salads, quinoa, rice, veggies. Dressing will keep covered in the fridge for about a week.
- all nutritional value is estimated. This can fluctuate due to portion size and ingredients.