Avocado Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing is a family favorite salad dressing! Two tablespoons serving is only 41 calories! Rich in protien and low in fat and cholestrol! Enjoy with salad or veggies! Use as a dressing for grilled veggies and meats too!
My family enjoys eating salad every day! Now that we are coming into the wonderful season of spring, I am getting ready to prepare my garden with varieties of herbs and veggies! We are having amazing weather on Long Island, so it has completely gotten me ready for spring! There is nothing more yummy to get the tastebuds ready for Spring, Summer, herbs, and lettuce than a low-fat Avocado Buttermilk Green Goddess Salad!
I was thrilled to see a change in the weather for the positive and when I received the Mastrad Herb Scissors, I knew exactly what I wanted to have for lunch, dinner, and maybe a few more lunches and dinners. My Avocado Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing with a salad and some fresh crab!The dressing is also delish on veggies, as a dip, with any fresh fish or on quinoa!
I love these scissors! They do a wonderful job of chopping and also have small circles on the wand which allow you to push the stem of the herb through and it pulls the leaves off the stem, genius!
The Mastrad scissors also has a cleaning comb to remove the extra cut herbs in the scissor!
For those of you who are fresh herb fans, this is the tool for you!
Now for everyone else, please people, it is time to eat more fresh herbs, they are fantastic!
My Avocado Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing uses low-fat buttermilk, fresh herbs and lemon to give a lower calorie dressing that packs a punch!
I make this quite regularly and we have it on salads, my kids use it as a dip for veggies, or an add in to rice or quinoa!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Disclaimer – I received these Mastrad Herb Scissors to review. There was no monetary compensation given to Everyday Eileen! The opinions are mine with no influence from the distributor of this product.
Avocado Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing
- ¾ cup low-fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 teaspoons light mayonaise
- 2 Tablespoons white blasamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon, juiced
- 2 anchovies fillets in oil, drained & chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespon fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the low-fat buttermilk, low-fat sour cream, peeled and pitted avocado, light mayonnaise,white balsamic vinegar, chopped garlic, chopped green onion, lemon juice, chopped anchovy fillets, chopped fresh parsley, fresh thyme, fresh tarragon, salt and pepper to taste. Check seasonings, adjust if needed! Check seasoning and adjust , if needed
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
- Trust me on the anchovies, they add great flavor and I tell no one!