This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. I received product samples from sponsors to use in creating #BBQWeek recipes. However, all opinions are mine alone.
Grilled Chicken Asparagus Salad is an easy salad to prepare. Perfect for a summer night when you want a great meal without a lot of fuss and no need to use the stove. Use boneless chicken breasts and marinate them in some of the lemon basil vinaigrette that is used to dress the salad with as well, added flavor. Chicken and Asparagus Recipes are a favorite of my family and this salad does not disappoint. This is a delicious layered salad using fresh baby spinach, carrots, cucumbers, bacon, goat cheese, avocado and let’s not forget chicken and asparagus, hello delicious! #BBQWEEK
I am loving BBQ Week and when I saw one of the sponsors was Michigan Asparagus, I did the happy dance. You have not lived until you have Michigan asparagus. The best asparagus I’ve ever had, besides asparagus from my Grandpa’s garden, he had the best green thumb! Back to the chicken asparagus salad is a favorite of mine because it’s an easy salad to prepare and tastes darn good. This Grilled Chicken Asparagus Salad has it all – easy to make, amazing flavor, crunch from the chicken bacon and veggies and oh so delicious! This is a meal full of nutrition and flavor. You will not be disappointed, trust me!
I always prefer making things from scratch as the fewer preservatives the better. So I do enjoy making a quick and easy lemon basil vinaigrette that I use some for a marinade for this chicken and asparagus recipe and then to dress the salad with the vinaigrette. I usually have some left over and I use it throughout the week on salads and veggies. The lemon basil dressing is great on any salad too. It just takes a few minutes to make and you will love the vinaigrette.
This is a fabulous salad that I make often for my family. It is also one of those salads that can be made for family parties, potlucks, and make-ahead lunches. A few of my favorite salads are:
FAQs about Grilled Chicken Asparagus Salad:
When making chicken and asparagus recipes, do I need to peel the asparagus?
Nope. Asparagus does not have to be peeled. If the stems are very large, I will peel the asparagus because the wider the asparagus, the skin can be tough.
How long should the poultry be marinated for this Chicken Asparagus salad?
I prefer at least 30 minutes. You can do up to 2 hours if desired.
What are the origins of Asparagus?
Asparagus is a perennial from the Lily family as are onions. The origins of asparagus can be traced to Eastern Europe.
What are the health benefits of Asparagus?
You won’t be disappointed with asparagus. It is fat-free, loaded with iron to prevent anemia, and full of folic acid for our lovely pregnant ladies. I could go on and on.
Can this Layered Grilled Chicken Asparagus Salad be made ahead?
I have made this layered salad the night before serving and set up the layered salad. Of course, I did not add the salad dressing. I wrap the salad well with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to serve the following day. You can also prepare all the ingredients and put the salad together right before serving. Both work well.
This is day 2 for #BBQWEEK and it has been a blast so far! I am absolutely loving the giveaways from our sponsors and all the great recipes from my amazing food blogger friends. I am thankful to you all for your welcoming responses to this event. You can enter to win amazing prizes, click here for the full rundown of prizes.
Enter to win here:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BBQWeek Sponsors Adam’s Extracts, Michigan Asparagus, and Not Ketchup for providing the prizes free of charge. These sponsors also provided bloggers with samples and product to use for creating #BBQWeek recipes. All opinions are my own.
The #BBQWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. There will be three winning entries that will be verified. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BBQWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize package. Participating bloggers and their immediate family members cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with social channels mentioned in the #BBQWeek posts or entry.
I am so excited to check out everyone’s recipes for BBQ Week, where to start is the question, they are all awesome:
See what the bloggers served up Wednesday for #BBQWeek
Cherry Chipotle Bourbon Baked Beans by Cookaholic Wife
Charred Corn Salsa by The Freshman Cook
Cherry Chipotle Grilled Pork Tenderloin by Tip Garden
Everything Bagel Pasta Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Grilled Asparagus Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Grilled Chicken Tikki Tacos by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Grilled Kale Salad with Ricotta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Grilled Nam Prik Shrimp Skewers by 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Grilled Spiced Blue Hawaiian Cocktail by Daily Dish Recipes
Grilled Stuffed Meatballs with Pineapple Sauce by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Real Hawaiian Macaroni Salad by Jonesin’ For Taste
Jersey Style Hot Dogs by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
See what the bloggers served up Tuesday for #BBQWeek
How to Make this Chicken Asparagus Salad:
- Make your lemon basil vinaigrette.
- Trim your boneless chicken breasts of any visible fat and place in large storage bag with about 1/2 cup of the lemon basil vinaigrette. Marinate for at least 30 minutes up to overnight. I also marinate the asparagus for about 1/2 hour.
- Clean grill grates and coat with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade, pat dry. Place on grill and reduce heat to medium about 350 degrees.
- Chicken varies in time but the chicken will become opaque when ready to flip. You can also rotate the chicken 45 degrees about after at least 3 minutes if grill marks are important for you.
- The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- To grill the asparagus, asparagus grills in minutes. I soak wooden skewers and use them to keep the asparagus from falling through the grate.
- Assemble the salad, spinach, egg, bacon, cucumber, goat cheese, carrot, scallions, grilled chicken, asparagus – yummy
When you make this yummy Grilled Chicken Asparagus Salad, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Are you loving this tasty Chicken Asparagus Salad, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Grilled Chicken Asparagus Salad
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 pound asparagus
- 8 ounces feta cheese
Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled chopped
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 4 ounces basil leaves, about 15 leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To Make Basil Vinaigrette
- Add to a blender, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, water, basil leaves, honey, Dijon vinegar, black pepper, and salt. Pulse to combine all ingredients.
To Marinate the Chicken
- Tak 4 Tablespoons of the marinade and place in a plastic ziplock bag, add the chicken. Let marinate at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
How To Grill Boneless Chicken
- Clean grill grates and brush with olive oil or spray with nonstick spray.Preheat grill to 550 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Add to grill, reduce heat to around 400-450 degrees. Let chicken cook until temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove chicken and let rest.
How To Grill Asparagus
- When the chicken has about 3 minutes left to cook, add the asparagus. let it cook about2 minutes and they will be cooked through. Remove from grill and set aside.
To Make the Bacon
- Fry the bacon according to the package and set aside.
To Make the Layered Grilled Chicken Asparagus Salad
- Using a large glass bowl, begin to build the salad. Spinach, carrots, cucumbers, bacon, feta, tomatoes, grilled asparagus, grilled chicken.
- Serve with the basil lemon vinaigrette.
- 5 Smart Points Weight Watchers
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.