Vegetable Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini
Healthy, delicious filled with veggies makes an amazing Vegetable Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini. Using garden veggies and some cheese to make the most amazing low-carb, low-fat healthy zucchini boats.
Servings 6 servings
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced in half and centers used in filling
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, cleaned and diced *save the stems for veggie stock
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, seeds removed and dice pepper
- 1 large tomato, diced
- season with salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 ounce Ricotta cheese, low-fat Keto diets, use full fat
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella
Preheat oven to 4oo degrees.
In a large saute, over medium heat add olive oil. Add in garlic, onion, saute for about 2 minutes. Then add in the mushrooms, spinach, red pepper, tomato, season salt, pepper. Stir and set aside.
To Make The Cheese Filling
In a large bowl, combine Ricotta Cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Test seasoning. Set aside.
To complete the casserole
In a rectangle Pyrex pan that will hold the zucchini, add 1 cup marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan. Place the zucchinis in the pan, skin side down. Distribute the cheese between the zucchinis. Then distribute the cheese to the zucchini.
Top with fresh mozzarella slices and bake about 25 minutes. Enjoy
- any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 1zucchini half | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 734mg | Potassium: 839mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 7455IU | Vitamin C: 52mg | Calcium: 356mg | Iron: 2.5mg