Stuffed zucchini boats have everything you crave in veggie lasagna in a healthy meal in about 30 minutes, that's what's happening today! So delicious and easy to prepare! These zucchini boats give you all the flavors of lasagna yet keep it a tasty low-carb meal. These healthy stuffed zucchini boats are made with fresh veggies, ricotta cheese, marinara sauce, and top with fresh mozzarella all in a zucchini boat! #FarmersMarketWeek
I did pack those zucchinis with a ton of veggies, I couldn't resist!
Summer garden veggies make amazing meals! Fresh veggies are so versatile and there is not much better than veggies straight out of the garden or farmers market! One of my most popular recipes to date is Zucchini Tomato Eggplant Bake plus Video Thus we have these stuffed zucchini boats filled with garden fresh veggies and the cheesy goodness that makes lasagna.
What I really love about this recipe, besides it tastes fantastic, is the versatility of ingredients! Feel free to use this as a base and adjust the veggies according to your families favorites. I also love using this as a fridge cleaner. Take all those veggies that need to be used and make them into these veggie boats.
My family has an array of eating preferences. Gluten-free, vegan, carnivore, they are driving me crazy! Me and the hubs, easy easy, healthy and delicious! This zucchini boat recipe makes everyone happy! I can sub vegan cheeses for my vegans! My boys actually love this as is but they snack on it a lot and add in cooked ground chicken and turkey. Such a versatile recipe.
Tips to make Zucchini Stuffed Boats:
- Use fresh zucchini and be sure to wash zucchini well.
- Feel free to swap out veggies to what your family loves.
- To keep this meal vegan, I have used tofu ricotta and vegan mozzarella with excellent results.
- These healthy zucchini boats can keep in the fridge, well covered for about 3 days.
You may enjoy a few of these Farmer's Market inspired recipes:
We are in full swing of #FarmersMarketWeek and if you missed Mondays recipe, don't forget to check out my Gazpacho Soup Recipe. Remember to check out all the other recipes from my fellow food blogger friends, delicious recipes! A big thank you again to our host of Farmers Market Week, Ellen who runs Family Around the Table!
These are today's amazing Farmers Market Recipes from my food blogger friends:
Wednesday #FarmersMarketWeek Recipes
- Blueberry Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Cherry Strawberry Frozen Yogurt by Caroline's Cooking
- Corn Pasta with Bacon and Pecorino Romano by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Fresh Blueberry Streusel Topped Crumb Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Green Bean Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream by House of Nash Eats
- Indian Style Vegetable Fried Rice by Palatable Pastime
- Naan Bread Grilled Veggie Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Peach, Zucchini and Onion Flatbread by Cookaholic Wife
- Raspberry Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken by Tip Garden
- Roasted Corn, Zucchini, Arugula Pizza by The Baking Fairy
- Roasted Onion Dip by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Savory Tomato PIe by Cooking With Carlee
- Southwest Stuffed Peppers by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Strawberry Shortcake Milkshake by The Redhead Baker
- Veggie Bagel Sandwich by Books n' Cooks
- Veggie Lasagne Stuffed Zucchini Boats by Everyday Eileen
- Watermelon Mojito Popsicles by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Zucchini Scones by Kate's Recipe Box
How to Make Veggie Lasagna Zucchini Boats
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the zucchini down the center in 2 equal halves.
- Use a spoon to remove the centers of the zucchini. The flesh will be added to the other vegetables that will be sautéed and added back on the zucchini boats.
- Add to a saute pan, olive oil and the veggies. Saute about 5 minutes to sweat the veggies. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg. dried parsley, salt, and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Use a 9 by 11 rectangular dish. Add about 1 cup of the marinara sauce and place the culled zucchini halves skin side down in the pan.
- Top the zucchini halves with the cheese mixture and distribute 1 cup of Marinara Sauce.
- Distribute the veggies between the zucchini. Top with fresh mozzarella.
- Bake about 25 minutes. Cheese should bubble when zucchini is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
LOVE SEEING AND SHARING YOUR CREATIONS! WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT.
TAG @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAY_EILEEN
I love any comments or questions, please leave below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
Do you like my Vegetable Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini, giving it a 5-star rating and share comments below would be super helpful!
Vegetable Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced in half and centers used in filling
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, cleaned and diced *save the stems for veggie stock
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, seeds removed and dice pepper
- 1 large tomato, diced
- season with salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cup marinara sauce
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 4oo degrees.
- In a large saute, over medium heat add olive oil. Add in garlic, onion, saute for about 2 minutes. Then add in the mushrooms, spinach, red pepper, tomato, season salt, pepper. Stir and set aside.
To Make The Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl, combine Ricotta Cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Test seasoning. Set aside.
To complete the casserole
- In a rectangle Pyrex pan that will hold the zucchini, add 1 cup marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan. Place the zucchinis in the pan, skin side down. Distribute the cheese between the zucchinis. Then distribute the cheese to the zucchini.
- Top with fresh mozzarella slices and bake about 25 minutes. Enjoy
- any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.