Today brings the Easiest Fresh Cherry Salsa Recipe ever! Cherries are abundant and I am loving being able to eat fresh cherries daily! A very new variety of cherries, Skylar Rae®, is an amazing cherry that is sweet and delicious!
The Skylar Rae® Cherry, from Stemilt is perfect as a fruit salsa! The cherry and jalapeno combo combines sweet and spicy to make a super flavorful fruit salsa! Fresh cherry salsa is great as a dip or paired with any grilled chicken, pork or poultry!
Fresh Cherry Salsa is a summer tribute that is super simple to prepare and oh so healthy! This amazing fruit salsa is so versatile and I will be making this regularly throughout the cherry season!
Skylar Rae® Cherries have a sweet flavor that is amazing on its own as a snack! I could eat those yummy cherries all day long! What I love about the Skylar Rae® Cherry is how fantastic they are as an addition to any meal. Based on my readings from the wonderful folks at Stemilt Cherries, Skylar Rae® Cherries are “The Sweetest Cherry You’ll Ever Eat” and they were right! The perfect amount of sweetness!
These cherries were discovered in a Washington Cherry orchard in 2004. They have become very popular and I can see why they are delicious! These cherries are at their best not cooked as they are sweet and would break down very fast but added into a recipe such as a salad.
After tasting this amazing cherry, I knew exactly what would be a perfect recipe, something both sweet and spicy, an awesome fruit salsa, thus we have Easy Cherry Salsa! The sweet from the cherries. The spice from the jalapeno and the citrus balance from lime juice. You are going to love this amazing fruit salsa!
Cherry Salsa is a super healthy cherry recipe that is great with chips but I love it paired with a simple piece of grilled chicken. A mouth-watering and the most delicious combo ever! A fabulous healthy cherry recipe! Summer cherry recipes are a personal favorite, I would love to hear what some of your favorite summer recipes are to prepare too!
I have been making healthy cherry recipes using Stemelt cherries for some time! A few favorites are
If you like cherry salsa, you may enjoy these fruit salsas, try
What is the easiest way to remove the pits from cherries to make a fruit salsa or making cherry recipes?
Invest in a good pitter ! Very inexpensive and the pitter makes it so easy to make cherry recipes!
How to freeze fresh cherries?
I have easy instructions to freeze cherries here!
Health facts about adding fresh cherries to healthy recipes:
- Cherries are cholesterol free.
- High in fiber.
- Cherries contain a high amount of melatonin which is great for skin complexion.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com.
Cherry Pitter: I use this pitter. It is not expensive and it makes removing the pit a breeze!
How to make Easy Fresh Cherry Salsa:
- Remove pits from the cherries.
- In a bowl of a food processor, add the Skylar Rae®Cherries, lime juice, lime zest, basil leaves, mint leaves, jalapeno, salt, and pepper.
- Hit the chop button to blend the ingredients. Be careful not to over chop the cherries.
- Serve with chips or as I have shown as a topping for any poultry, pork, beef or shrimp!
LOVE SEEING AND SHARING YOUR CREATIONS! WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT. TAG @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAY_EILEEN
love any comments or questions, please leave below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Easy Fresh Cherry Salsa
- 1 pound Skylar Rae® Cherries, pits removed
- 1 small red onion, peeled and minced
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 medium lime, juiced and zested
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- salt and pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the Skylar Rae® cherries, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice, lime zest, basil leaves, mint leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse to chop the ingredients about 4-5 times, you do not want the ingredients to puree. The cherries should be diced.
- Cherry Salsa can be served with chips. Served with poultry, pork, or fish.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made ahead at least one day. Keep tightly covered in the fridge until ready to use.
- If you do not want to use a food processor, dice all the ingredients to make the cherry salsa.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Pin Cherry Salsa to make any time here: