Homemade popsicles are a great way for the family to enjoy a delicious treat that is better for us than any store made pop. Refreshing Healthy Sugar-Free Cherry Lime Ice Pops with fresh cherries and lime and made with all natural ingredients.
These homemade fruit popsicles are full of all-natural cherries and lime and no preservatives or added sugar! The perfect all natural treat for the kids and family!
My son Aidan has a new favorite smoothie Healthy Black Forest Cherry Chocolate Smoothie! The smoothie like these fruit popsicles use fresh cherries. My daughter loves the smoothie but these pops are her favorite!
I started making homemade popsicles when my kid were very young. Making your own pops lets you control the ingredients, especially the sugar. The artificial colors and sugar made one of my turn into a spinning top, too much sugar.
Besides being full of antioxidants, cherries are delicious! This is the time of year to stock up on cherries and freeze them! Check out how healthy cherries are and how to freeze them here!
Benefits of Healthy Sugar-free Cherry Lime Pops:
Why homemade popsicles are so good:
- all-natural ingredients
- no food coloring
- easy and delicious
- Great way to get your family to have more fruit
Homemade Popsicles FAQs
Can frozen cherries be used to make homemade popsicles?
Yes. I buy cherries in bulk when they are fresh and freeze them in 1-quart bags. Store bought freezer bags can be used as well.
What is the best way to freeze cherries?
Remove the pit, I use a cherry pitter. Place the cherries on a baking tray and let them set in the freezer about 2 hours. Then place the cherries in a freezer bag. They won't stick together.
Can other fruits be used to make homemade popsicles?
Absolutely. These pops are awesome and cherries are very sweet. Any fruit can be pureed and made into these fruit pops.
How do you get popsicles out of the mold?
Put a little hot water in a bowl and dip the mold into the water and the cover will come off easily.
What are some other Homemade Fruit Popsicle ideas?
- Mixed berries
What can I use if I don't have popsicle molds?
No molds, use paper cups. Fill with the fruit slush and cover with plastic wrap. Get some wooden sticks from the craft store and pop them through the plastic. Then freeze.
If you want a creamier popsicle, add in some yogurt. Greek or regular both work.
Homemade popsicles in molds
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com.
Shop this recipe:
Ice Pop Mold: These are used in this recipe. Love them!
Cherry Pitter: Cherry season is short but this pitter is the best thing since sliced bread. A must have!
Wooden Ice Cream Sticks: If you prefer the paper cup and wooden stick method, these sticks are great.
Checkout my store. I am always updating great finds for not just cooking, I hope you check it out here, Everyday Eileen update it regularly.
Some more frozen treats you may enjoy:
- Quick Papaya Coconut No-Churn Ice Cream: a favorite homemade vegan ice cream
- Vanilla Strawberry Popsicles: these are yogurt/strawberry pops that we love to make and eat.
- Pineapple Lemonade Ice Pops from Courtney's Sweets is another delicious pop that I love to make!
How to Make Homemade Popsicles:
- Rinse fruit, remove pits.
- Add the fruit to a blender.
- Pour in the lime juice and water.
- Blend to combine all ingredients.
- Pour into molds and freeze.
- Remove when frozen and ready to enjoy.
When you make these ice pops, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Healthy Sugar-Free Cherry Lime Pops
- 2 ½ cups fresh or frozen cherries, pits removed
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 large lime, zest and juice
- In a blender add cherries, water, lime juice and lime zest. Blend until well combined.
- Pour the blended cherry mixture into ice pop molds. Place in freezer until frozen.
- Place in freezer until frozen.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy
- Feel free to leave some cherries not completely blended if you prefer.
- This recipe works with other fruits as well! Awesome with watermelon, strawberries, etc.
- To easily remove ice pop mold, put some warm water into a pot and dip the frozen ice pop mold into the water. The mold will easily come off.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
Pin to make any time:
I love this recipe, naturally sweet, delicious and easy!
Awesome Anne! Thank you and enjoy!
Great job making a delicious treat without adding extra sugar!
Thank you Erin. It is easier than many realize! Snacks don't have to have a lot of sugar!
Amy (Savory Moments)
My twins are about to turn three and I know I'm going to be using my popsicle molds a lot this summer! These look delicious and would be a hit for sure!
I am sl glad you enjoy the recipe! I hope your children enjoy!
Angie | Big Bears Wife
My little boy would love these during these hot summer day! YUM! I would love them too haha
Awesome. I hope he enjoys!
I just love these pops. Sugar-free and all natural. The kids love them
I am glad you enjoy Toni. We love these pops and the fresh cherries are delish