That’s right, Quick Papaya Coconut No Churn Ice Cream! Guess what? This ice cream has no cream or eggs and you don’t need an ice cream maker! This is a quick and easy recipe that happens to be vegan!
It has been the hottest and most humid week here in New York. I had a papaya in the fridge that needed to be used and an abundance of coconut milk so I said why not make ice cream! I love ice cream, seriously love it but if I ate it every day, my waist would hate me and I’m trying to stay out of my fat pants! I also had a fantastic time eating some amazing BBQ last week so I wanted a lighter option to my ice cream and I really don’t want to break out those fat pants!
Oh my, this was a great choice for me! My family and I loved the flavor of the ice cream. So super easy and you don’t need an ice cream maker! I simply puree the papaya, combine the puree with light coconut milk, shredded coconut, and agave! Pop it in the freezer for about 2 hours then I blend the ice cream one more time to get out the ice that forms and smooth the ice cream. I toasted some almonds for a topping! I can only say its Yum!
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
When you make one of my recipes, tag me with #everydayeileen so I can see what you are making I will share it too!
I hope you like this recipe, and if so, please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family, and please continue connecting with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Bloglovin, Google Plus
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Quick Papaya Coconut No Churn Ice Cream
- 4 cups fresh papaya
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 4 Tablespoons agave
- optional - roasted almonds and mint for garnish
- In a blender, add the fresh papaya, banana, coconut milk, and agave. Puree until smooth.
- Stir into the pureed papaya the shredded coconut.
- Place in a large freezer safe bowl, cover with either a lid or plastic wrap.
- Let set in the freezer about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer, blend the ice cream mixture one more time. This removes the ice formations.
- Place ice cream back into the freezer until set, about 4 hours.
- Top with roasted almonds and mint leaf, optional