Coconut Curry Rice and Vegetables is a delicious meal filled with flavor from Royal International Rice flavored with coconut and tons of veggies! A quick and easy meal that is full of flavor and ready in no time #vegetarian
I love Basmati rice and vegetables! I The rice is fluffy and looks like a cloud and is quick and easy to prepare! I have been searching for the perfect brand of rice! Royal International Basmati Rice is a favorite rice of mine. It is so flavorful and easy to prepare.
Royal Basmati Rice Health Benefits to make Coconut Curry Rice and Vegetables:
- Royal International is a wonderful brand that makes a gluten-free, non GMO, and vegan Basmati rice.
- The rice is harvested from an area at the foothills of the Himalayas by local Indian farmers who use pure mountain spring water and fertile soil to grow the rice!
- Once the rice is harvested, it’s placed in temperature controlled silos for no less than 12 months!
- In addition, this amazing combination produces the fluffiest tasting rice I have ever eaten! I can see why this is the number 1 selling Basmati Rice in America!
- Light coconut milk that is gluten-free.
- This meal provides a perfect amount of vitamins from the veggies!
I love meatless meals and this is on the top of my rotation for family meals. Especially now for my family, we celebrate Easter and Lent, so we eat meatless meals a lot. This coconut curry rice and vegetables is a favorite because I can also vary the veggies. I tend to shop by my belly and brain and I overbuy veggies all the time. This meal is awesome because it is so versatile and a great way to use up the veggies.
Tips to prepare the perfect Coconut Curry Rice and Vegetables:
- The vegetables can be changed to please your family.
- I used broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, and snow peas!
- Feel free to change up the veggies to what is in your fridge or your favorites.
- Remember to cut the veggies to proportionate sizes so they cook evenly.
- Tofu is always a great protein addition.
- Soak basmati rice in water for about 15 minutes to remove any extra starch. So while the rice soaks, I prep my veggies!
- Cook the basmati rice in the coconut milk while you saute your veggies. You are going to love the flavor of the rice!
- Saute the veggies in coconut oil until soft.
4. Add in garlic, ginger, remaining coconut milk, veggie stock, and spices. Saute until tender. It’s best to start with less spice and re-season after the veggies are sautéed.
5. Combine the coconut rice and veggies and enjoy!
I truly hope you enjoy preparing this dish as much as I do! Meander down the rice aisle at your grocery store and purchase Royal International Basmati Rice! If you are not sure the store location near you who sells this rice, check the Royal International website for store locations!
Some of my favorite meatless meals:
ONCE YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT.
TAKE A PIC AND TAG ME @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAYEILEEN
LEAVE ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RECIPE BELOW IN COMMENTS!
* I received a sample for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*
* Recipe originally published January/2016. Photos updated and some info in post as well, Recipe remains the same.
Have you enjoyed this recipe, I hope so! Let me know and giving it a 5-star rating is always super helpful for me.
Coconut Curry Rice and Vegetables
- 1 cup Royal Basmati Rice
- 13.5 oz can, light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 stalks green onion,chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned into 2 inch matchsticks
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon ground red chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, garnish optional
- In a medium bowl, soak the Royal Basmati Rice for at least 15 minutes in water. While rice is soaking, cut the vegetables as instructed above. Once vegetables are prepared and the rice is soaked, drain the rice of the water and rinse to remove any extra starch.
- Into a medium saucepan, add the Basmati Rice, 1 cup of the light coconut milk, and 3/4 cup of water. Place saucepan, uncovered over high heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Let liquid reduce slightly below rice level, reduce heat and cover with a lid. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, in a saucepan over medium heat, add the coconut oil. Add the minced garlic, grated ginger, chopped green onions, chopped broccoli, diced zucchini, julienne carrots, celery, and mushrooms. Saute till soft, about 5 minutes.
- To the saucepan, add the remaining light coconut milk from the can, vegetable stock, curry powder, ground turmeric, cumin, coriander, red chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for about 8 minutes. Then add in the snow peas and continue to simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Check the veggies for desired tenderness.
- Recheck your seasonings and adjust if needed. Adjust seasonings as necessary. Some may like more chili powder. Serve immediately and add chopped cilantro as a garnish.
- all nutritional value is estimated. This can fluctuate due to portion size and ingredients.