An easy slow cooker lasagna using tofu! A delicious and healthier version of lasagna!
My oh my! I have been given a gift from the wonderful people at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company! They have asked me to review some wonderful cookbooks! The fabulous cookbooks are 365 Slow Cooker Suppers, written by Stephanie O'Dea. Stephanie also has a wonderful website, A Year of Slow Cooking! I highly suggest you check out her website for some awesome recipes! Also, You Have It Made, by Ellie Kreiger.
I will also be sharing some wonderful recipes from Weight Watchers Family Meals! So we are going to have some yummo recipes for everyone!
My family is in slow cooker heaven right now and I will be sharing some wonderful recipes from 365 Slow Cooker Suppers!
I am starting with an unbelievably delicious recipe that takes just a few minutes to prepare and the slow cooker does the rest! This really is so tasty and has a great title, Sneaky Tofu Lasagna!
It's sneaky because everyone who eats it thinks you have worked tirelessly to prepare the meal and no one knows there is tofu in the recipe! Once they taste it, they will want it on your regular meal plan! The tofu, they will be hooked, trust me!
My girls love tofu, so they were excited for the meal and it did not disappoint!
The family requested this meal be made again, and soon! After the second dinner, I told the men there was tofu in it and they were hooked! Could care less it was a meatless lasagna!
I love the flavor that the fire roasted tomato brought to the dish. The addition of carrot and zucchini, lets face it, anytime I can sneak veggies in, we all win!
This all comes together by combining tofu and the original recipe calls for cottage cheese! I prefer low-fat ricotta cheese and lets not forget the low-fat mozzarella cheese added to the recipe!
So, the jig is up, family now knows, so do the neighbors and my friends, Slow Cooker Tofu Lasagna is easy to prepare and super delicious!
I really hope you make and enjoy this recipe, and if so, please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family, and please continue connecting with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Bloglovin, Google Plus !
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Disclaimer : I was provided the cookbooks to review. All opinions are my own and are not influenced by the sponsor of these books!
Sneaky Tofu Lasagna
- 26 ounce jar, Marinara sauce, retain jar see note
- 14.5 ounce fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 10-12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 16 ounce package, tofu, drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese or low-fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- ¼ cup warm water
- Using a 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta sauce, fire-roasted tomatoes, shredded zucchini, and shredded carrots.
- In a separate bowl, combine drained tofu, cottage or low-fat ricotta cheese, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning.
- To the slow cooker, add some of the sauce. Place a layer of lasagna noodles on top. I break mine to fit into slow cooker. Then add a layer of the tofu- cheese mixture on top of the lasagna noodles. Then add a layer of the shredded low-fat mozzarella.
- Repeat the layers, until you have used all the ingredients. Put the ¼ cup of water into the marinara jar, replace top, and shake. Pour the liquid over the top of your uncooked lasagna.
- Cover, cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or high for about 4 hours, Uncover, and let cook on high for about 20 minutes, to release any condensation.