Today, I’m so excited to be sharing one of my favorite soups, coconut carrot soup! I do eat soup throughout the year! Once the fall hits, we really ramp up the number of stews and soups we eat! This carrot soup is super healthy and a great way to get veggies into the diet without even trying!
Carrot Coconut Soup is dairy-free and gluten-free!
This carrot coconut soup recipe is vegan and low carb! It’s ready in no time and easy to prepare! Also, a great soup to put into a meal plan! It keeps well in the fridge for a few days!
Carrot Coconut Soup
Years ago, the hubs and I were on a trip for one of our kids who was competing in their National Track Event! Oh my, it was held in Upstate New York and it was freezing!
I don’t know about you, but I use those apps that rate the restaurants and hotels when we travel! Being a foodie, I am obsessed with making sure we eat well when we travel!
The app directed us to this old Tavern in the town and boy was it right! The Tavern had amazing food. This is where I enjoyed carrot coconut soup for the first of many times! When we got home, I had to recreate it! I have to say the hubs loves it and so does all the family!
The soup is full of flavor from carrots, sweet potato, and fresh ginger! It is a hearty soup, you know, stick to the bones, make you all warm inside kind of soup! We just love it!
Ginger has so many health benefits such as reducing inflammation, so anytime I can add it into a dish, it is in! The ginger adds a little zing, yup that’s my description, to the soup! As always, add your salt and pepper to your taste.
How long can Carrot Coconut Soup keep in the refrigerator?
This soup keeps well for about 3 – 4 days. I will say this soup is even better the second day! This can be included in a meal plan and eaten throughout the week.
What can I pair with Carrot Coconut Soup?
Looking for something else, I love these recipes from some of my favorite food bloggers:
- Vegan Rainbow Tortilla Wrap, from Recipes From a Pantry by Bintu!
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: From one of my favorites, Easy Cooking with Molly.
Can you freeze Carrot Coconut Soup?
I have frozen this soup, the texture changes slightly after it defrosts. This soup can be made up to step 4, frozen, and when ready to eat, defrost and add the coconut milk then. That has worked better for me!
Which restricted diets or eating choices can enjoy Carrot Coconut soup?
This soup is great for just about anyone. It is
- whole 30
It’s not a recipe without me sharing faqs if I have them:
Nutrition FAQS of Carrots:
- Carrots are rich in fiber
- They are an antioxidant-rich veggie.
- When carrots are cooked, they release more beta-carotene.
- Beta-carotene converts to vitamin A in the body.
Carrot Coconut Soup with fresh pepitas and chopped parsley
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thank you so very much for being apart of Everyday Eileen!
Tools you may need to make Carrot Coconut Soup:
- OXO 4 in 1 Immersion Blender: It is so much easier to blend the soup right in the pot. An immersion blender is a lifesaver in the kitchen, especially with soups.
- Calphalon 5-quart Dutch Oven: I have quite a few different Dutch Ovens, this one is lightweight and easy to use and clean.
How to Make Carrot Coconut Soup:
- In a Dutch Oven, over medium heat, add coconut oil! Add in onions, garlic, and ginger. Saute for a few minutes to sweat the onions.
- Add in the sweet potatoes and carrots.
- Pour in the vegetable stock. Season with the herbs.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, veggies should be fork tender.
- Use an immersion blender and puree soup.
- Add in coconut milk. Simmer for about 5 minutes
- Use an immersion blender and puree soup.
- Check the seasoning, reseason if needed.
It’s always awesome seeing your recreations of my recipes! When you make any of my recipes, tag me on Instagram #everydayeileen or @everyday_eileen
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
Originally published October 17, 2015. The article has been updated with new photos, content and the recipe has also been updated.
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Carrot Coconut Soup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups fat-free vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 13.5 ounce can of unsweetened coconut milk see Note 1
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley, optional garnish
- pepitas, optional garnish
- In a Dutch oven or stockpot, over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Once melted, add in the minced onions, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Saute and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes to soften up the vegetables.
- Stir in the chopped sweet potato, carrots, and celery. Continue to stir occasionally for another 5 minutes to blend the flavors together.
- Pour in the fat-free vegetable stock and water, place the lid on the pot. Add in ground thyme and cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until veggies are fork tender. Approximately 30 -35 minutes. Use an immersion blender, to blend the soup until smooth
- Add the coconut milk, and heat through for another 5 minutes. Use an immersion blender, to blend the soup until smooth. Check the seasoning, reseason if necessary.
- Serve immediately in soup bowls, if desired can garnish with fresh chopped parsley and pepitas.
- This carrot soup keeps in the fridge for about 3-4 days well covered in the fridge.
- If you want to freeze the soup, I found it best to prepare the soup up to Step 3. Freeze the soup. When the soup is defrosted, continue with Step 4.
- I am not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Pin Carrot Coconut Soup to make anytime here: