Blueberry Scones are light and fluffy. Perfect for Easter Brunch, Mother's Day, Bridal Showers! Crispy exterior with a light and fluffy interior filled with blueberries!
Prep Time 10 minutes
cooling 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 10 scones
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking soda
- 1 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk Note 1
- 1 egg, whisked with a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon unsalted butter, seasoning for scone maker
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season the scone maker with butter. Set aside
In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in the butter with either a pastry blender or forks. Note 2. Gently fold in blueberries.
Whisk eggs into buttermilk. Stir the mixture into the flour/butter combo till combined.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead a few times, 4-5, shape dough into a rectangle and divide dough into 8-10 triangles and transfer to the scone pan.
Brush tops of the scone with the egg wash. Bake in the oven for about 25 minute. Test tops by using a toothpick into center of scone. Toothpick should be clean. Remove from oven. Let cool about 5-10 minutes. Remove scones and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Feel free to pop one open and enjoy with some butter or jam.
Note 1: Fresh blueberries are my favorite. Frozen blueberries or dried blueberries can be used. Note 2: I have used clean hands to blend in the butter into the flour.
- I am not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Serving: 1scone | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 823mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 2.1mg