The Best Pecan Crescent Cookies
Melt in your mouth, delicious Pecan filled Holiday cookies! A classic Christmas cookie. Add these tasty treats to your Holiday baking list!
Servings 36 crescents
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very finely chopped pecans see note below
- confectioners sugar to cover completed cookies
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, cream the butter and confectioners sugar. Add in the vanilla extract and water. Mix in the flour and salt, blend well. Add in the finely ground pecans.
Form the dough into 2-inch crescents and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 20 minutes. Cookies should be lightly brown when complete. Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes. Place cookies on the cooling wrap completely cool.
Roll cookies in confectioners sugar. Keep cookies in a covered container.
- Be sure to finely ground the pecans in the food processor. You do not want large chunks of pecans in your cookies.
- These cookies can be frozen after step 2.
- Once the cookies are defrosted, then roll in confectioners sugar to serve.
- Nutritional value is estimated as ingredients and size of portions can vary.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 21mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.4mg