Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
A chocolate treat that is low-fat and has the added bonus of shredded zucchini. A great way of enjoying a chocolate treat that is low-fat and includes a dose of veggies!
Servings 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cup shredded zucchini Note 1
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar Note 2
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- non-stick baking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
Shred the zucchini and squeeze in either a linen or paper towel to drain excess liquid, set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until well blended.
Beat in the Greek yogurt and vanilla extract until blended. Set aside.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to blend together. Add in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips to combine the ingredients.
Spoon the batter into the greased loaf pan. Place in the preheated oven for about an hour. Begin to check it at 50 minutes by sticking the center of the loaf with a toothpick. The toothpick should be almost clean when it comes out of the loaf. Let it set in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes. Then remove from loaf pan and place on wire rack to cool completely!
- Note 1: Squeeze out excess water from zucchini by using a paper towel or linen kitchen towel.
- Note 2: You can swap coconut sugar for white sugar.
- Freezes really well. Wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and in a freezer bag. Use within 3 months.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg