Warm Spiced Cranberry Punch
A tasty blend of cranberry, citrus, and spice make the most amazing punch. Served warm as a festive punch. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and the Holiday season. Make either in slow cooker or stovetop.
Servings 10 servings
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 star anise
- ½ teaspoon fresh nutmeg *see note
- 1 medium orange, sliced
Garnish for individual servings
- fresh cranberries, optional
- orange slices, optional
- star anise, optional
- cinnamon sticks, optional
Add to a slow cooker, cranberry juice, apple cider, pineapple juice, orange juice and cinnamon sticks.
In either a cheesecloth or tea infuser add whole cloves, whole allspice, and star anise. Tie up the cheesecloth or close the infuser and add to the slow cooker. Grind the fresh nutmeg into the slow cooker.
Add the orange slices into the slow cooker. Place top in the slow cooker and cook on low for at least 3-4 hours to blend the flavors. Serve warm with the garnishes. Refrigerate any leftovers. Can keep covered for about 5 days.
Add all the ingredients from step 1 and 2 into a medium to large pot. Size of pot depends if doubling the recipe. Then add the orange slices. Simmer for at least 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
Serve warm with the garnishes. Can transfer to a slow cooker on warm for long-term serving.
- I prefer the fresh flavor of fresh nutmeg but ground nutmeg can be used.
- If serving for a party, a slow cooker is the easiest way to cook and keep the punch warm.
- Set the garnishments in festive bowls next to the slow cooker with mugs for everyone to enjoy.
- Can be made ahead of time and warmed when ready to serve.
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.4mg